TGIF BEACH PIC

Travel discussion for St. John
cptnkirk

TGIF BEACH PIC

Post by cptnkirk »

Man I need some of this stuff for real. Old man winter won't let go :( Freezing rain earlier in the week no power for a day now up to twelve inces of snow for the weekend. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL :D :D Image
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Nice. Looks so good to sit there right now.

Not that I should complain, sunny and 8C/50F - spring is in the air... :D
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks again for a good start to a Friday.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks for the Friday pic! I feel your winter pain. That weekend storm you mentioned was supposed to hit us hard too. Now looks like the worst of it will hit south of us. Hang in there, it's got to end soon :( :evil: .
Going "home" again October 26th!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I would much rather be sitting there than here in the service dept of the car dealership! Thanks Capt!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Thanks for the beautiful picture this morning. I need that too. The storm has started here. They are predicting 6-12" in this area. I really can't imagine that we will get that much though. Are you near Cincinnati are farther north in Ohio?
Image[/url]
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Thanks for the TGIF!!!The ducks are coming back, so spring soon come.Have a great weekend everyone  :)
latuller

Post by latuller »

20 below here this morning--thank you for the beach picture. In 8 short days, I'll be looking at it for real!
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Thanks as always Captn!!!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Love it! We are supposed to get three inches of rain here tonight...batten down the hatches!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

70 and sunny in So. Cal today! But I can always appreciate a great Friday picture! :D Thanks Capt.!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Hey Captain...

you must be in NorthEast Ohio like me.. That's the same forcast we have. It's already been snowing for the last 2 hours!!! My car is already covered! Oh why, oh why do I live in the snow belt??!!?? :?
Tami
Image[/url]
irbgolfin

Post by irbgolfin »

Greetings fellow Ohioans and midwesterners...

I'm in Cincinnati, we are smack dab in the middle of the heaviest predicted band... this morning's prediction was 8-12 inches over 28 hours, ending Sat. 6 PM. Go 30-40 miles SE or NW and it dropped to 5-8". Biggest snowfall of the year for us.

Have a few inches already, and schools and businesses are shutting down early to give people some time to get home and spread out the evening rush hour. This morning's weather prediction was the temp would get to 32 or so and we would just have slush until this evening when it got cooler... they missed... it's more like 28 so all of a suddent we got snow coming down... Revised forecast is over 12" by noon tomorrow with several hours more precip to follow...

On the plus side, the UPS guy just dropped off several Marriott gift certificates for our June trip :-) We'll do some free time at Frenchmans Reef before StJ...

Good to day to close my eyes and imagine being in the USVI... 3 months... soon come...

irbgolfin
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

snow is better than ice read on thanks for the picture :x

New Hampshire, Eastern Hillsborough
Areal Flood Watch
... Substantial rainfall expected this weekend...

... Flood Watch remains in effect from midnight EST tonight
through late Saturday night...

Winter weather advisory in effect from 8 pm this evening to 5 am est Saturday,
The NWS in gray has issued a winter weather advisory, which is in effect from 8 pm this evening to 5 am est saturday. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
Expect a coating to a quarter inch of ice tonight.
Precipitation will start this evening. Temperatures will be near freezing, with rain freezing in some spots but not others. Areas further north, and ridge tops will be more likely to see more ice accretion than areas south and in valleys.
ready4paradise

Post by ready4paradise »

Thanks Capt!

Nor Cal checking in with 65 and sunny skies. Can't wait, 2 more weeks and I'm there! :D

Happy Friday Everyone!