WEATHER!!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
DuxDweller

WEATHER!!!!

Post by DuxDweller »

Hmm. Weather.com gives me 10 days of rain starting tomorrow . . . . That can't be right . . . . :oops:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Don't worry, its not. It always shows chance of showers.
DuxDweller

Post by DuxDweller »

I knew I shouldn't have even checked it. There has been very little sunshine here in MA lately - we're ready for some UV rays! Do they get those "Florida" showers down there? You know, the ones that pour buckets for 10 minutes then stop?? I was last there in August - bright sun every day!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I remember the Florida showers during our summer trip. Our past three winters trips were very dry, drought dry.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

No worries- we just retuned to the frozen tundra from a beautiful week- everyday it said "showers" but in reality it only rained 2 times during the day and once overnight. All three times for less than 5 minutes each. You'll enjoy plenty of sunshine to get your UV fix.
snorkelqueen

weather panic

Post by snorkelqueen »

I went into a panic looking at the forcast just before we left for St. John the first time...rain, rain rain!! Now we laugh because the forcast is always the same in July 30%, 30% 30% chance of rain. It is like Hawaii in the sense that it might pour for 1/2 an hour and then be fantantic the rest of the day. We found, at least in July, that the BIG RAIN usually comes at night.
RickG

Post by RickG »

40% chance of rain means a 40% probability that it will rain somewhere in the region. You just drive between the clouds. Rain in Cruz Bay? Sunshine in Coral Bay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lui60ss92Ws

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I'd be more concerned with the weather at home causing flight delays or worse.:evil:

The weather in St. John will be wonderful! 8)

have a great trip!
janet