Vicki's Trip Report - The Whole Thing

Travel discussion for St. John
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks, Vicki. Awesome report!!!
Going "home" again October 26th!
Rachelle & Joe

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

:) Great Report!! Realy enjoyed your fantastic pic's! Great, Great, Great! Thanks for sharing
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Vicki, I took time out at work and watched the whole slide show.....absolutely beautiful....your shots are wonderful. I'm in the market for a new camera and if I could take pictures like that! Did you find it hard to use? Anyway, your trip sounded wonderful. Can't wait to get back. You've brightened up a cold winter morning!
minnjim

Post by minnjim »

Beautiful report and photos. We have about 9 weeks before our trip and each workday I e-mail a new photo to our group with a countdown.
BTW- My 14 year old son was disappointed that you didn't have a photograph of you at Shipwreck Landing.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Vicki............you look like ya had so much fun......great pics.........such a good eye.
I am guessing jesus took those pics of you in your bikini.........lol

The pics were so vivid I could actually hear the water and feel the sun.......thank you
just what the dr. ordered

passed the link on to Lulu, we and a couple more are going next Nov. I know it says sunnyledge sleeps 6 does it really or more like 4?

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Awesome Report Vicki,

Looks like an amazing time was had.

I want to know how you got all that stuff in those two bags :?
We are leaving in 10 days & are going carry on & I don't have near as much stuff packed & it looks like I have twice as much. What is your seceret :shock:

I think your name should be the PACKER>>>>LOL

Thanks
The Shopper
Austx

Post by Austx »

As far as I'm concerned, you win for the best trip report ever! Your pictures are fantastic - better than most professional pics I've seen, and I love your sense of humor!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Great report Vicki, so glad you had "alone time"; can't think of a better place to do that!

Your pictures are beyond awesome; they made me feel like I was right there! I love the baby donkey and goat, and of course the cat! :P Thanks for sharing it all with us!
Teresa

wow

Post by Teresa »

Great trip report! (I feel like this is a high school photo album where everyone writes 'have a great summer', but it really was a great trip report!) I miss STJ so much. If I didn't have friends on STT I would skip right over it to get to STJ.

We have only eaten at Vie's once (she must have saw us coming every other time and closed down), but it was worth it. Yummy coconut pie for dessert.

Your pics are fantastic. We just bought a Nikon D80 SLR and have a few good pics of STT on it, but we are going to strive to have as good of pics as yours. The caterpillar and hummingbird were striking. Copyright those pronto!

Thanks for sharing and making us 'Sigh'.

Teresa
Live, Laugh, Love
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Thanks for all the kind comments!

MarciaMarciaMarcia - I don't use the Rebel for underwater shots. I looked at a housing carried by SeaandSea.com, but it was just so big. I got a housing for my tiny Casio Exilim and LOVE IT.

Marybeth - I know I PM'd you, but thought others might like this info too. I got the Shootsac. LOVE THIS BAG. Definitely a splurge item, but soooo worth it if you juggle lenses and want something cute.

17th Hole - get the ultra wide zoom. Fun lens.

VaGirl - The Rebel is so easy a dummy can use. I know, because I am a dummy. :D

Rosi - Sunnyledge truly sleeps 6. There are 3 identical master suites, each with a king bed.

Flip Flop - Just remember, Jesus loves you.
augie

Post by augie »

Vicki - I meant to ask you, is that Gee-zuss or Hay-zoos?
Come see us!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote: Flip Flop - Just remember, Jesus loves you.
I can't WAIT to meet him, I hope he's still there when I make my next journey to the holy land. It is very appropriate that Jesus is in heaven!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

augie wrote:Vicki - I meant to ask you, is that Gee-zuss or Hay-zoos?
According to Larry at Aqua Bistro: "Gee-zus." He was very sweet.
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

MarciaMarciaMarcia - I don't use the Rebel for underwater shots. I looked at a housing carried by SeaandSea.com, but it was just so big. I got a housing for my tiny Casio Exilim and LOVE IT.
Thanks Vicki. I asked the question before I looked at your second batch of photos. Then I saw what appeared to be a seperate housing or camera in your gear. By the way, you get serious snaps for efficient packing. Good Lord! But enough about you, let's talk about me.

Actually, it had been a while since I'd looked for a housing for the Rebel, and today they seem abundant....but more than I want to spend and too big. Also, I would be very reluctant to take it underwater for fear of dropping it or having a leak. I'm going to research the smaller, less expensive underwater cameras like the Sealife ReefMaster Mini.

Thanks so much for responding to the question and I have one more if you don't mind. Which wide-angle lens do you use with the Rebel?
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Canon Zoom Super Wide Angle EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Autofocus Lens

I haven't had it long, but I really like it so far.