Postage Questions

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Postage Questions

Post by Coden »

I've normally, during this upcoming week, had all of my Christmas cards made out and mailed. Since we will be on STJ over Christmas I want to buy our cards and send from there. So these are my two questions:

Is the postage the same on STJ as here, .39 cents?

Will there be Island designs on the stamps or just the same that I can get from here?

Thnx oodles!!
Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Postage is the same and so are the stamps, they even wear the same uniforms.

The only thing that will be different is the time that it will take for them to get to their destination. Mail is slow as it is, Chritsmas time it gets even slower.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Bummer on the stamps, I was hoping for some Island stamps. I'll get my address labels made up and the stamps bought here then, and once on Island, get the cards, write Ha-Ha, we're here and your Not!!!, :lol: on them, slap on an address label and stamp and send them off to the snail mail!!

I'm not really going to write that. I of course am going to write...Wish you were here!!! :D
Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

You will probably get home before the cards do. Unless things have changed, mail could take 2-3 weeks at Christmas.
Coden

Post by Coden »

That's okay that it will take that long...it will just be everyone's souveniers. Ha!!! :D
Coden
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I hope your plan goes better than mine :)

I had planned to buy some nice Island design Christmas cards and get them signed while there; then slap on the labels and stamps when I got home and have everyone admiring them this week.

Well - I never even got the cards bought :oops:

So now I'm going through photos to find one that I can use on a Christmas card.

To-do's on vacation just don't seem to ever become to-dones. :lol:
janet
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I got superhero stamps on st. john!
Coden

Post by Coden »

jayseadee - Hmmm, you've got something there about the to-do's on vacation!!

I guess I will have to get the cards bought on the 20th as that is going to be our run around the island stocking up day. Wish me luck!! :D
Coden
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

You could Ask that they be hand canceled they have a great hand stamp frieands had there wedding invites done that way and we didn't need to ask the lady behind the counter said this would look much better if it had so thing from Stj on it. So be polite and ask if they could do that for you
Coden

Post by Coden »

I'll do that Waterguy. Thanks for the heads-up!!!
Coden
Coden

Post by Coden »

I have some lovely pictures of our two trips to STJ via a Catamaran and our time on Honeymoon Beach. My picture printer prints 4" X 6" on glossy paper. Do you all know if I print about 30 pics, label and stamp them, and turn them into postcards, can I mail them from STJ?

Does the post office allow that?

Thnx!!
Coden
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

I looked on the USPS website and could not find any stamps that had an island or beach theme to them. :(

I guess no one on this forum works for the USPS graphic arts department. :lol:

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
Coden

Post by Coden »

nascarfan59 - That was sweet of you to look for me. :) I'll just get some regular Christmas stamps and use those. Thnx!!
Coden
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

you could also consider making your own "island" stamps. I think the site is photostamp.com
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Yes you can use the pic for cards but I'd suggest putting them in a card so they don't get beat up so much