What side of the rock do you perfer???

Travel discussion for St. John
Bug

Post by Bug »

Jorge wrote:My Back-Side. I really don't care as long as my fat a$$ is on STJ.

I'm with you Jorge!!

XOXO
Bug
steve

Post by steve »

north shore... upper Carolina is 2nd place for me. I go to get away from the city and get to the tropics and out doors ... and especially the beaches. I do not like to burn up and feel like I need to sit in AC on the S Shore, I can do that at home, give me those N Shore breezes and screened in bedrooms. For the few hours I spend in town I have a rental car, most of the time I like to see the N shore views and BVIs in the distance.[/img]
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I am getting picky in my old age ... I want to be in the middle 15 minutes or so from each!

With a heated pool, please :)
Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

I do not like to burn up and feel like I need to sit in AC on the S Shore
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Opps! Did I just read that? I have always stayed on the Coral Bay side. Every time I have been to STJ (3) the wind has always been from the southeast blowing up Hansen Bay (Vies) and SaltPond. The skeeters are always terrible on the northshore. I have never been able to walk around Maho and the Jeep will be full of skeeters when you leave. I just booked a villa at Marias Bluff in May because it is supposed to have a breeze all the time. I have never been there as I don't do the southside of the island. Did I just make a mistake? :roll:
My Avatar is my Corona moment......
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I love the upper chocolate hole area. Great sunsets close to town but far enough away to feel remote.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

We love the views from Catherineberg but the middle of the island has won us over since staying on Bordeaux Mtn. this year in June.

We stayed on the south side one, and only one, time and didn't like it at all. Way too many houses over there and HOT HOT HOT. We love the breezes up high (northside and Coral Bay). We don't want to look down at roof top after roof top like so many of the south side areas.

We like being closer to Coral Bay and the northshore beaches.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Gizzmo wrote:I just booked a villa at Marias Bluff in May because it is supposed to have a breeze all the time. I have never been there as I don't do the southside of the island. Did I just make a mistake? :roll:
You did not make a mistake. Maria's Bluff is lovely! Great views & great breezes. A really nice neighborhood!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

If you're high up on Maria Bluff, there are amazing breezes all the time. The skeeters can be pretty crazy, though.

And how do you beat this view from your pool?

Having said that, I may just try something else out for the next trip... we've been looking in Coral Bay and North Shore, but I'm very partial to the South Shore.