Random notes

Travel discussion for St. John
Chet

Random notes

Post by Chet »

3 days back, 363 to go before returning...random meeting at STT with Rick...stopped at Denzil Clyne, Mixology, and Starfish before heading up up up to Sol Inclination...yes, we could only see one house on Bordeaux that may have been higher up...rolled down to the Beach Bar and had a few beers with the crowd on the sand - we were the Random People...we always bring a soft cooler of meats and food stuff packed in the dive bag...had on my Harbour Surf (Seal Beach, CA) t-shirt ay Skinny's and Little Will chased me down and explained that was his break back-in-the-day...I gave him the shirt off my back and left him beaming and grinning at the bar like the drunken Cheshire Cat...Little Lameshur is my favorite, but it's too damn far from Skytop...Maho is 2nd best - Rick and crew were seen floating and sipping...hiked to Dennis and Mrs Random sat in the howling wind while I snorkled around the rock - it's better to go to Jumbie and swim around to Dennis...check out http://www.trailbandit.org/bandit.htm, hike #20 from I to K: Seiben ruins...go up Cocoloba, then up Skytop and park on the left by the orange road barrier and walk in by the broken black cistern - spectacular stone walls supporting the old trail...our 10th year in STJ...

Mr & Mrs Random
RickG

Post by RickG »

Chet, it was great meeting you two and adding you to the party.

See ya on the island!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

ha, the Randoms step forward! :)
Funny. Sounds like good times.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Chet! I'm close to Seal Beach, want me to pick up another shirt for ya? :D
Chet

Post by Chet »

CG - no worries. Our data center is in LB on E Carson near the airport. Let's get together next time I'm on the Left Coast.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

California Girl wrote:Hey Chet! I'm close to Seal Beach, want me to pick up another shirt for ya? :D
See how it is here, Chet and Mrs. Random?! Way to STEP UP, California Girl!

Thanks for posting, it was fun meeting you. I hope you enjoyed your dinner at Mojo Cafe at Night. See you next year.
-Ruth
Gene

Post by Gene »

Hello Chet,
I was nice meeting you and the Mrs see you on Island time !Go Skins !