Most Important things (NOT) to forget.....

Travel discussion for St. John
ScottB

Most Important things (NOT) to forget.....

Post by ScottB »

Hi all,

We are less than 3 weeks away from our first visit, and of course counting down the days, hours, minutes.

What would everyone list as the 5 most important things (NOT) to forget to bring on their 1st visit?

We have:
Neet Sheet
Bug Dope
SPF & Lotions
Clothes
Snorkel Gear
(Buying all food there)

We will be packing our snorkel gear & a few changes of clothes in the carry-ons, and only check one bag.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Scott, you are in for a WONDERFUL vacation!! :lol:

Glad to hear you have the packing under control, ya just don't need much on STJ! I would suggest some CD music if you enjoy that. Most of the jeeps have CD players and same with the villas. Special music in Paradise makes it that much better!

Don't forget to keep notes or a journal so you can post a trip report! Journaling was great advice for our first trip because my brain went to total mush!

When are you on island?? We're there 11/26 through 12/4................

Jan (akaCharlie)
Toes in the Sand: 14 days 8)
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Scott,
I can't think of 5, besides what you have already listed. Don't forget your passport.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I agree with the CD suggestion. It is great to have "your" music when you are lounging at the villa.

I always pack some first aid stuff. It can get pricey on island. I have a small plastic pencil case with bandaids, neosporin, tylenol, advil, cold medicine,bonine (if you will be boating) & immodium. I always find that I use something while traveling.

Other than that, it sounds like you are on your way to a fabulous vacation.

Don't forget to take great notes and give us your trip report when you get back.

Have a blast.
mia

Post by mia »

ScottB,
Don't forget your camera....binoculars are also nice to pack if you have room for them. Have a great time...mia
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
cat

Post by cat »

Definitly the camera, batteries and extra memory cards for all of the pics you will be taking! I think I took about 1000 pictures the last time we were there! Water cameras too for all of the underwater action! I am so jealous! 7 months is a long time to wait for paradise!
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Jan,

Wife & I will be there 11/29 thru 12/7. Staying at Gallows 9A Ocean side.

Already planning on meeting up with Bill/VA, and hopefully a few others.

Thanks for all the replies....Camera, CD's, & passports are ready to roll.......

16 days 8) 8)
sitter

Post by sitter »

Hey Scott...we will be there too at that time!!
And I saw that a couple others will be there too.

We should do a Virgin-Islands-on-line get together!
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

sitter,

Sounds good to me. Name the time & place and we'll try and be there. Maybe something easy like the Beach bar for happy hour one of the nights....
Bob & Anita

Re: Most Important things (NOT) to forget.....

Post by Bob & Anita »

ScottB wrote: We have:
Neet Sheet
Bug Dope
SPF & Lotions
Clothes
Snorkel Gear
(Buying all food there)
In addition to what others have said, we would add:
  • Sunglasses
    Hat
    Someone mentioned first aid and we would add Swimmers Ear med to that list
    St John books (FF&FWD, Off the Beaten Track)
Bob & Anita
vernettm

What Not to Forget

Post by vernettm »

We aren't going to STJ until late Feb, but I would add to your list (based upon other travelling):
1. collapsable cooler
2. baggies (I would wet a small towell and put it in a baggy so I could wash the salt off me after snorkelling)
4. artificial sweetner (if you use it)
5. wooden clothespins (to close bags of food, to hang stuff up)
6. Air freshener/spray

Hope this helps. We are debating on bringing frozen food - seems like such a hassle, but if food really is expensive, may help. When we went to Atlantis in Paradise Islan, the food was quite expensive. We brought some snack stuff, but ate out all meals.
CruzBayB

last minute things to bring

Post by CruzBayB »

The thing we used over and over were a small container of pop up wipes! They were great to just throw in the bag and use for sandy, salty hands, etc. We also used lots of lip balm with sunscreen in it!!! I am completely jealous... I stayed at Gallows and just loved going to the pool and hot tub after walking back from dinner in Cruz Bay... awwwww, wonderful memories... have a great trip! 8)
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hi,

Bug stuff sometimes doesn't work so well, so you might want to pack some "After bite".

Baggies or some kind of wrap if you plan on packing lunches; also a small flashlight might come in handy.

janet
janet