Highest up Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Highest up Villa

Post by nancyr84 »

Love those high up views on St John. Was wondering which villa would get the vote for being the one most up in the clouds .
Nancy
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

South Shore Villa looks pretty high to me but then isn't Bordeaux Mountain the highest place on the island???
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Sol Inclination is supposed to be above South Shore Villa. The write up says 800 feet above sea level at Fish Bay. Bordeau Mtn may be higher though. :)
island boy

Post by island boy »

Sol Inclination and South Shore Villa are neighboring villas. For some pictures of the South Shore Villa views, see the recent post at:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... hore+villa

Both Sol Inclination and South Shore Villas are great choices and both located "in the clouds."
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Jorge - I so wish I could take South Shore villa during those dates in January!!! Only problem is that here we actually savor the few months of cold we have so I don't want to leave while it's cold :lol:

One day, I WILL stay at that villa though.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Based on what I have read, my votes for highest are- Ixora, Bayview, Aria, Orion's Hill, Happy Moon.
laurie

Post by laurie »

LaMer, offered by Destination STJ, appears to be up in the clouds , looks beautiful , may be a scary ride up though!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Luminaria on Carolina Ridge is way up high and has AWESOME views!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
MLS

Post by MLS »

The houses along Bordeaux Mountain Road are the highest altitude, then Mamey Peak, then Ajax Mountain. But all of those are far back from water, giving you nice vistas, but no vertigo. The Bordeaux villas have better views into Drake's Passage, Orion's Hill the best view of the others as it has the widows walk and the view of the north shore and Coral Bay. The crest of the ridge in Carolina that includes Lumineria that looks in Drake's Passage and Coral Bay is also very nice.

On a lower level Sol Inclination and South Shore, the latest hot villas, are lower and also well set back. The vistas are nice and include Ram Head and St. Croix (on occasion) but not St. Thomas or sunsets as you get high on Gifft Hill, Chocolate Hole North, and Cruz Bay.

Some houses on the outside of Maria's Bluff, high on Klein Bay, on the west hillside of Coral Bay, and to a lesser extent Catherineburg are dramatically high relative to the proximity of the water. If that sense of vertigo is what you are looking for, try those locations
Last edited by MLS on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

The best view I have experienced on the island, where I *felt* like I was at the tippety-top of the island (even if I really wasn't), was from the bedroom balcony at Le Chateau. You feel like you are soaring as you overlook the BVIs and Cinnamon Bay.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We had awesome views from Bayview. That was part of my criteria in choosing a villa and it didn't disappoint! From one side you look down into Coral Bay and out over the BVIs. On the other side, you look down over Francis Bay & Whistling Cay; Leinster & Waterlemon, and on to Tortola. I have a lot of pictures of the villa and the views here: http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/bayview_villa
MLS

Post by MLS »

If you like the Bayview view, you have to see the Orion's Hill view. OH is directly above Bayview by maybe 100 ft. It is two stories with a widows walk on top of that. You not only get the north view albeit from a higher perch, but also a view west to the northern part of St. Thomas;you might even get sunsets around 6/21!
Being higher the view into Coral Bay is more expansive too with views of some of the southern islands of Drake's Passage.
The photos are excellent to show Ajax Mtn in the clouds. As I've said before, it is a very tranquil spot. If being "in the clouds" means like these photos, the sweep of Ajax, Mamey, Bordeaux cannot be beat on STJ.
sherban

Post by sherban »

California Girl wrote:We had awesome views from Bayview. That was part of my criteria in choosing a villa and it didn't disappoint! From one side you look down into Coral Bay and out over the BVIs. On the other side, you look down over Francis Bay & Whistling Cay; Leinster & Waterlemon, and on to Tortola. I have a lot of pictures of the villa and the views here: http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/bayview_villa
Thanks for the photos Cal Girl!
:D