7 months from today until trip to STJ !

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

7 months from today until trip to STJ !

Post by sea-nile »

Exactly 7 months from today I leave for STJ!! :D
The villa is booked and the plane tickets are purchased. I will be asking a lot of questions over the next several months.

I have one question now. How far in advance do you recommend reserving the rental vehicle? Is one month sufficient?

I'll be visiting the forum daily! I know there are other people out there who have trips planned next summer. Is anyone going June 8-15?
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Me too!! We will be there from June 7 - 30th. It will get us through the long winter here in the midwest, right?
RickG

Post by RickG »

sea-nile, what villa did you book?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I are probably going to be on STJ in that window. We starting to work on arrangements this weekend. Once I have our dates firm I'll post them.

I'd rent the car whenever you are sure of your dates. No reason not to, and you don't have to worry about them being sold out.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I agree about the car. I would book right away, I would hate to wait and find that everywhere is booked.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'll be on STJ the first week of May and I reserved my car about 2 - 3 months ago. I just feel better knowing it's done and I got the car I wanted (of course, I suppose that could change once I step off the ferry! - LOL!)
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

RickG wrote:sea-nile, what villa did you book?

Cheers, RickG
Rick, I am staying at Villa Cielomar. It is in Cruz Bay (walking distance) and the price was good.
Diane

Post by Diane »

We'll be there June 9-16!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Sea-nile -

We will just miss you - we'll be there June 23-30 with our kids. Just a few short weeks before the trip with just me and the hubby. We stayed at Villa Cielomar on our first trip a few years back - it was called Villa Caribe then. You'll enjoy it - not a great view, but a great location and a good amount of space. The pool is nice too and we were the only ones to use it.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
RickG

Post by RickG »

sea-nile, Villa Cielomar looks interesting. Do you expect much noise from the barge dock?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

RickG wrote:sea-nile, Villa Cielomar looks interesting. Do you expect much noise from the barge dock?

Cheers, RickG
No, it wasn't a problem when we stayed in Cruz Bay last year. Have you stayed in Cruz Bay and found that it was a problem?
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

We'll be there May 16th thru the 29th. Counting the days as everyone else on the board
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Susan and Herb,
We will be there May 16-23 too. Anyone else there at that time?
Steve S

Cielomar

Post by Steve S »

sea-nile wrote:

Cheers, RickG
Rick, I am staying at Villa Cielomar. It is in Cruz Bay (walking distance) and the price was good.
Sea-nile:

Cielomar is part of Villa Caribe. It is separate from but shares a nice pool with Villa Caribe condos where I've stayed twice. Turner Bay is right in front of you a couple hundred yards away, but the actual dock is around the bend and out of sight. Shouldn't be an issue. You'll have an easy walk to town and for essentials (read rum and snacks) the Gallows Point store is a just a few steps away. I'll be staying next door in mid March. PM me at the end of March and I'll be able to better describe the barge traffic.
sea-nile

Re: Cielomar

Post by sea-nile »

Steve S wrote:
sea-nile wrote:

Cheers, RickG
Sea-nile:

Cielomar is part of Villa Caribe. It is separate from but shares a nice pool with Villa Caribe condos where I've stayed twice. Turner Bay is right in front of you a couple hundred yards away, but the actual dock is around the bend and out of sight.
Shouldn't be an issue. You'll have an easy walk to town and for essentials (read rum and snacks) the Gallows Point store is a just a few steps away. I'll be staying next door in mid March. PM me at the end of March and I'll be able to better describe the barge traffic.

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I will be sure to PM you to get your report in March.
Sea-nile