We just booked our trip need some help

Travel discussion for St. John
Grace

We just booked our trip need some help

Post by Grace »

Just booked OPH for a week in May. :D

My questions are:

How many months in advance should I reserve the jeep?

Time frame on arranging transportation from airport to Red Hook?
Any referrals?

Any one ever purchase CSA Travel Protection Insurance? We usually purchase travel insurance from our travel agent when we stay at a resort.

Last question, how warm does it get May?

Thanks for your help.
Grace
Beesmom

Re: We just booked our trip need some help

Post by Beesmom »

Hi, Grace!
Grace wrote:My questions are:
How many months in advance should I reserve the jeep?
The sooner the better!
Grace wrote:Time frame on arranging transportation from airport to Red Hook?
Any referrals?
You can grab a taxi right there. You don't have to arrange transportation. If you prefer something private other folks will have to supply that info - we never have.
Grace wrote:Any one ever purchase CSA Travel Protection Insurance?
We have - we haven't needed to call them for anything but they were easy to deal with.
Grace wrote:Last question, how warm does it get May?
I was there with my family this last May early in the month. It was warm but tolerable in the morning and it got pretty toasty in the afternoon but still tolerable with the right amount of beer :wink:

-Sandy
Grace

Post by Grace »

Thank you for the info Beesmom Sandy.

I figured I should reserve the jeep ASAP but thinking maybe I was being obsessive. lol
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We'll be going next May as well and were there this previous May. We reserved our car in February and it worked fine. We thought it got quite warm in May. It was much cooler when I went again in August.

We've had travel insurance from CSA and they were very helpful in answering questions, but we didn't need to actually use the policy.

Have fun planning!
Nicolle
Grace

Post by Grace »

Nic in KC wrote:We'll be going next May as well and were there this previous May. We reserved our car in February and it worked fine. We thought it got quite warm in May. It was much cooler when I went again in August.

We've had travel insurance from CSA and they were very helpful in answering questions, but we didn't need to actually use the policy.

Have fun planning!
Nicolle

Very good Nicolle. CSA is the one we will pick. Yes, they were very nice on the phone and the website was easy to navigate. Hopefully, we won't need it, but it will there "in case" The price was not to expensive either.
Thanks for the help.
Grace 8)