A few questions

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnMike

A few questions

Post by StJohnMike »

Hello everyone, I'm headed back to St. John Nov. 23 and am looking for
advice on a few things:

Does anyone know of a charter boat(sail or motor) that would go to Sandy Spit or Sandy Cay and possibly the east end of Jost as well? I've read that the powerboat The Blast goes to Sandy Spit, but I haven't
heard anybody mention The Blast lately, is it still running? Renting my own boat is a little out of my budget.

Does anyone know of a snorkel charter that would go out around Congo and
Lovango Cays, I've heard there's good
snorkeling out there but the seas can be rough in that area that time of year.

Also, does the VITRAN bus run right by Miss Lucy's?

Thanks everyone, wheels up in 24 days!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

For a sail boat to Sandy Spit and Jost you can try Clark on White Wing, he has a beautiful boat.

I would recommend calling Connections, They book a ton of boating trips and can tell you who will go where and when and how much. 340-776-6922 (I think)
Island Hopper

Sail Boat to Sandy Pit or Jost

Post by Island Hopper »

STJohnMike,
Try talking to Russ Kerr, he's a knowledgeable guy. he's located in the booth next to Joe's BarBQ, across from the Post Office. 800-808-6025 or his cell 340-998-6975 and email RkRica@mchsi.com
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

You could try contacting Captain Phil of the Wayward Sailor to see if he'd do a snorkel trip out there. I think I remember that he bought property on Lovango.

http://www.waywardsailor.net/index.htm
Jennifer

jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hi,

We went sailing with Captain Phil in 2003 and we snorkeled around Lavongo Cay where he was buiding a house.

We've got a second trip planned in a couple of weeks and am hoping we'll return to that area to see the finished product (assuming it is finished.)
janet
StJohnMike

Post by StJohnMike »

Thanks for the advice everyone, jayseadee, I got an email from Capt. Phil a couple of weeks ago and he said they're putting the roof on his house right now.

Also one more thing, I know Bill in Va is planning a get together at Skinny Legs on Nov. 28th, is there a date for a gathering at the Beach Bar yet? I'll be on island Nov. 24th-Dec. 15th. Thanks again everyone.
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

StJohnMike, thanks for posting that update about Capt Phils house! We didn't have a chance to go out with him on our last visit and I wondered how far along the construction was. Last time I talked to him, he was still clearing the land.

SarahD
bert

Post by bert »

The Blast is still running - it's run by Cruz Bay Watersports at the Westin. It does go to Sandy Spit when the conditions permit. They can also take you out to Congo and Lovengo. CBWS website: www.divestjohn.com

The Vitran bus runs right past Miss Lucy's - they will stop there if you ask; no worries.

peace.... bert