Update & Rescheduling...

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Update & Rescheduling...

Post by flip-flop »

I am SO excited that I get to share good news with you all!! I went for my sonogram today & the fluid around the baby's lungs is gone!!!!! The dr. indicates that once this resolves it doesn't reappear. He looks healthy and kicked the hell out of the sonogram probe (I think he was thinking last time a needle poked me after I felt that thing).

I go back in 2 weeks for measurements and to make sure everything is as it should be but he said to expect a totally normal outcome!

I am in shock. Happy shock, but shock. We've gone from fatalistic, to measured hope, to pretty much damn we are going to have to get ready for this baby! Thank you to every single one of you who has sent positive vibes our way. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in 6 weeks and 4 days!

Oh ... and look for us in April/May timeframe. I am gonna get to January and have this baby and then its full steam ahead to STJ!
PA Girl

wonderful news

Post by PA Girl »

What wonderful news!

We took our 5 month old son last year and it was the perfect age to travel with him - it was so easy (we also took a FL trip at 4 months that also went very well)
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

That is great news! We also traveled with our children at around 4 months old, and it was wonderful.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ok Flip-Flop Girlfriend!! If you're talking April/May, you could end up on-island with "The Wild Bunch". 1st week of May, darlin'!

Be afraid, be very afraid!
:lol: :shock: :roll:

P.S. I'm thrilled about your good news!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Many, many congratulations - what wonderful news :D
Sunflower

Re: Update & Rescheduling...

Post by Sunflower »

Hi FlipFlop! What wonderful news - and I am convinced that it was all the good wishes, prayers, and vibes from your friends here that helped that to happen! Will continue the prayers, and do stay in touch...Thanks for letting us know your good news.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Yea!!!! I have tears of happiness for you. Thanks for the update. On a different note, I saw a bottle of Flip Flop wine in the store. I've never seen it before. Maybe I'll get one and toast your great news!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

That is wonderful news!!!! I had just told H last night I was wondering how you were doing.
We will be on island 4/13-4/20, come one down. I will happily buy you a beverage to celebrate.
Bill in Va

Great News

Post by Bill in Va »

Praise the Lord for this great news. May he continue to take you through this and get you back to STJ. Take care neighbor...God bless....Bill
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Flip-Flop - that is awesome news! I am so incredibly happy for you and know the relief you must be feeling - as well as excitement for this little one to finally be in your arms! Yippee!

Thank you so much for the update.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

What wonderful news. I'm sure that all of the prayers sent up to heaven for your baby and you have worked.
patr

Post by patr »

Thanks for the update.

I am glad you got good news and God Bless.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

That is absolutely great news! I work with pregnant moms and have 2 kids so I know how you feel when you think something is wrong! Have fun in STJ. :)
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Glad to hear of your good news. We traveled to Florida with our daughter when she was first 4 months old. It is a good time. Not into too much at that point. Very manageable.
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hey Flip Flop

FlaSteph and myself are soooo happy for you and the baby. Good vibes always help - but a talk to the "Big Guy" upstairs seems to work too. We sent you emails - so you know how we feel. I feel like an uncle to this baby.

So, your thinking about STJ April/May - please do consider the May 5 - 12 time frame. It would be soooo kool to be on-island with you and your family again.

I have a feeling that your going to have your hands full with this little boy. Congrads.

FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"