Newbies, STJ honeymoon in three weeks....

Travel discussion for St. John
babydocwhit

Newbies, STJ honeymoon in three weeks....

Post by babydocwhit »

Howdy,
I have loved reading all the STJ posts on Tripadvisor, and just discovered this forum. It's great!!! Will anyone be around the week of Oct. 21?
We'll be honeymooning, but definitely plan to get out and play, with at least one day trip to BVI.
I have one question right now.
I read the NFL thread, what about college ball? UT and TAMU are playing on oct. 27, and we're a mixed marriage....Will there be a bar or restaurant that might show the games?
Gig'em
Whitney
MrB

Post by MrB »

There is a Beach Bar forum get together on the 28th...hope you can make it!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome - glad you found us over here :)

Pia (also from the "other" not as fun forum :wink: )
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

"Gig'em" and your live in Austin??? Them's fightin' words. :lol: My $$ and my son went to UT. I love that town.

You'll love STJ, with or without football. Congrats on the wedding.
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

I can't resist:

A Florida State student, a Kansas State student, and an Aggie had all commited horrendous crimes and were going to be shot. The FSU guy was brought up and blindfolded. The general shouted, "Ready ....... aim..." and the FSU guy yelled, "Huricane!!," everybody ducked, and he ran away free.
Dismayed at losing their first prisioner, the guards brought up the KSU student with renewed vengence. They blindfolded him and the general commanded, "Ready......aim....." and the KSU guy shouted, "Tornado!!" and fearing for their lives, everybody ducked, and he ran away free.
Well, the Aggie has been watching all this and starts thinking, "They all yelled natural disasters and they got away, so I will too." So they brought him up and blinded folded him, the general shouted, "Ready ...... aim...." and the Aggie screamed, "Fire!!"

Congrats on your marriage!!

Cypressgirl...did you shed a few tears today watching Biggio's last game? I sure did. He is a class act and the 'Stros will miss him.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Ron.......I managed to choke them back, but my better half practically wept. We'll miss old Bigg. Not many loyal players left in pro sports.
babydocwhit

forum get-together

Post by babydocwhit »

we're leaving on the 28th!!!
so sad...I had hoped to meet some of ya'll...
Pia, I feel like it would be a brush with celebrity to meet you in person :)
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey there,

Send me a PM as to where you are staying and what your plans are and we can see if you want to meet for a drink - although you maybe too busy on your Honeymoon :wink: :wink: Congrats on your wedding , you picked a great island to visit for your honeymoon.

Pia
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Congrads on you wedding. Like Pia said – you picked a great place to honeymoon. Also, welcome to the forum – lots of good info here.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"