Villa Suggestions

Travel discussion for St. John
cptnkirk

Villa Suggestions

Post by cptnkirk »

We need to find a villa for May can anyone offer suggestions for some villas in the 2000 to 2800 a week range. We need two bedrooms and a/c in the bedrooms, pool or hottub any area is ok. Thanks all!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

We used Seaview Homes back in June. I know they have some 2br villas but I dont think they have pools...only the larger homes. For next year we booked thru Star Villas. They have several properties. Star Villa (which we booked) has a private pool. Good prices, good service. Cruz Bay area. Maybe that helps?
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

You could always get a bigger villa that has a pool and just pay the rate for the amount of people who are going if you can't find one with two bedrooms and a pool.

We're using Destination St. John, and they've been great. I'm sure they have something that'd work for you in your budget. I recommend calling them because they are great with figuring out what your party needs.
sasky

Post by sasky »

We stayed in a 2 bedroom for our honeymoon - Perelandra. Both bedrooms have AC's and their own private bathrooms. There's a pool, a really great 2-tiered deck, and the most amazing view I've ever seen in my life. It's minutes from Cruz Bay, but still extremely private and quiet up in the hills.

I believe it's around $2500/week for May (the rates recently went up a little).
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Reef Madness seems like a bargain at $2650/week. Brand new, A/C, nice pool, two large bedrooms.
---Jim
kakiwynn

Blue Tang

Post by kakiwynn »

Look at Blue Tang through Catered To. We stayed there in June. It has two bedrooms with A/C, a pool, a fabulous view, and a good location right above the Westin. It is plain on the outside, but gorgeous inside. Catered To was great to work with, too.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

sasky wrote:We stayed in a 2 bedroom for our honeymoon - Perelandra.
Sasky: What's the size of the pool at Perelandra? It's on our list for next summer, but don't want a Wally Pool-sized pool.

Thanks
Captain Scott

Post by Captain Scott »

Captain Kirk:

Trust your first mate on this one. Check out Sea Stone at Vivacations.com. 2 bedrooms well separated for privacy, nice pool, A/C in the entire house and a killer location right on the cliff in the area just past Great Cruz but not quite to Chocolate Hole.

Stayed there this year and loved it.

Rate is $3,000 but worth it. I checked availability for you and the first 10 days or so of May are open and quite a few days in June are open.

Beam yourself there, you'll be pleased.

Scotty
"If your attitude is appaling there is a latitude calling"
sasky

Post by sasky »

pipanale wrote:
Sasky: What's the size of the pool at Perelandra? It's on our list for next summer, but don't want a Wally Pool-sized pool.

Thanks
Not sure of the exact dimensions, but here is a chopped off photo of the pool in action:

It's fairly small, but we found it suited us perfectly.
naturegirl

Post by naturegirl »

sasky- how far is perelandra from town and the beaches? Can you walk to town?
sasky

Post by sasky »

naturegirl wrote:sasky- how far is perelandra from town and the beaches? Can you walk to town?
It's not far from Cruz Bay at all... Less than a 5 minute drive, I'd say. You can see the town from the photo I posted. Beaches are probably 10-15 minute drive or so, depending on which one you're going to.

Walking would be difficult because the villa is high up in the hills. So basically, walking TO town would be okay... Walking back (steep uphill) would be the major issue!
naturegirl

Post by naturegirl »

Thanks for the info!
naturegirl

Post by naturegirl »

sasky-any details of the villa would be gteatly appreciated.
sasky

Post by sasky »

naturegirl - If there's anything in particular you want to know about the villa, send a PM my way and I'll be happy to help.
UF Prof

Post by UF Prof »

If you are interested in the Coral Bay area, Little Paradise is a two bdrm with pool, A/C, and walking distance to a rocky beach. Also, windspree,com has several other 2 bdrm villas in your price range. Good luck!