ScottB

Rental Agencies Help

Post by ScottB »

Hi all,

Looking for feedback for the following rental companies:
Beach Nuts
Vacation Vistas
Caribbean Villas & Resorts

Some of these folks rent the same villas, and we are looking for the company that seems to have the best reputation, as we have found villas we like from each. Do any of these folks go beyond the call of duty? Any bad experiences?

Any and all comments welcome.
Thank you,
Scott
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I like to find out who holds the calender for that villa and rent from them they are the ones who will be handling your problems on island the others are just brokers.
Tom
Tom
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I've used Vacation Vistas three times and had great experiences each time. Lisa is on island so if you have any problems she's right there to help. Just as an example, when we checked into Argonauta in June we could not find one of the remotes for the AC in the great room and she was to the house in 20 minutes with a replacement. I think she represents some of the nicest houses for the price charged on the island.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I have rented from Caribbean Villas & Resorts, and while they weren't terrible, I think that if the same house was represented by another agency, I'd go with the other agency. Remember that CV charges a 5% service fee.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We had similar quick response service from Lisa at Vacation Vistas. We had a few little things that came up (tripped breaker, cistern glitch, etc) we called about and she was right on top of everything.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Another thumbs up for Lisa at Vacation Vistas. She is very responsive and a pleasure to deal with.
Paula

Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

I will never do business again with Caribbean Villas. :evil:
My Avatar is my Corona moment......
Captain Scott

Post by Captain Scott »

We've used Lisa at Vacation Vistas several times and I think she did a fine job. When we rented Opar from her several times we found the bed too soft and she took care of the problam for us.

Another time I had a ring made for my wife and shipped the box down in advance to give to her for our anniversary once we arrived. Lisa hid the ring in the house for us and helped me set up some other details to make the trip special.

I don't think you can go wrong with her.
"If your attitude is appaling there is a latitude calling"
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We have used Caribbean Villas twice with no problems. The first year, they let us check into the villa earlier than the official time and when the cleaning crew was still there, so we would have a place to dump our luggage. This year we had a toilet problem and the manager was there right away. Both times we had pleasant and helpful people who showed us the villas. Other companies add fees and charges into their prices, and CV lists it separately. The bottom line total price of the villa is what we consider.