Cape Air - any recent experiences?

Travel discussion for St. John
PA Girl

Cape Air - any recent experiences?

Post by PA Girl »

I am looking at a few flights involving a transfer in San Juan to STT via Cape Air. The price is good but I don't know if it is worth the savings.

We flew Cape Air several years ago with no problems, back when the San Juan airport was all torn up during construction.

This trip we will be travelling with our toddler so things that were not a big deal in the past are more of a hassle now. (This will be our 4th "airplane" trip so we do have some kid-travel experience)

Can anyone offer any recent experience with Cape Air out of San Juan?
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I just recently flew out of San Juan to St. Thomas using Cape Air. Once we landed into San Juan we went to the Cape Air ticket counter, checked in and waited about a half hour or so for our flight. I think there was a total of 10 of us on board (including the pilot). The flight was pretty smooth with gorgeous views of the surrounding islands. I tend to get a little nervous on small flights but I would definitely use them again. We also all received our luggage from the connecting flight when we arrived in St. Thomas.
bert

Post by bert »

Cape Air is more reliable than American Eagle. They have good service and they are on time.

peace.... bert
PA Girl

I think we will try it

Post by PA Girl »

Cape Air owes you guys a beer - I think we are going to give it a try. US Air/Cape Air gives us much better arrival and departure times. The small-fry is getting his own seat so that should help my stress level.
PA Girl

Booked it

Post by PA Girl »

I did go for the US Air/Cape Air connection. $565 RT from Philly in February. The early arrival on STT was the clincher.

When I booked, there were flights on American for as low as $378 RT but the times didn't work for us. I checked today and the flights I booked jumped more than $300 in one day. Crazy.