looser-fit rash guards/swim shirts?

Travel discussion for St. John
lark22

looser-fit rash guards/swim shirts?

Post by lark22 »

Hi all!

My husband and I want some sun protection while we're snorkeling but don't want to wear heavy cotton tees while swimming....but we also don't want skin-tight shirts (which I think regular rash guards are?) I'm not overweight but I am 6'1" and so I usually wear an XL.

I vaguely remember a post from a few months ago asking about looser-fit rash guards or swim shirts, but I can't find the original thread. Does anyone have suggestions?

I'd also be interested in suggestions for women's 2-piece suits that involve surf-short type bottoms (for snorkeling sun protection as well...I had significant lower-cheek toasting during my last trip and I'd rather avoid it this time!) :oops:

Thank you!!!
Beesmom

Re: looser-fit rash guards/swim shirts?

Post by Beesmom »

lark22 wrote: I'd also be interested in suggestions for women's 2-piece suits that involve surf-short type bottoms (for snorkeling sun protection as well...I had significant lower-cheek toasting during my last trip and I'd rather avoid it this time!) :oops:

Thank you!!!
I tried finding a pair of women's board shorts that I liked but none of them were long enough so I finally bought a pair of men's from Target. They come to my knees, are very comfy, and I never have to worry about too much exposed flesh.

I have an old bikini top I wear with them as well as a rash guard or an old t-shirt.

-Sandy (never cared to look fashionable)
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I bought some items for my 2-year old at the following:

www.coolibar.com

The have a nice selection of adult itmes and they have really good customer service. You might check them.
lark22

Post by lark22 »

great suggestions! thanks, guys! :)
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

try athleta.com for women's rash guards and board shorts. That's where I got mine and I am very happy with them.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jmq

Post by jmq »

The O'Neill 24/7 line of rashguards are looser fitting with lighter fabric than most rashguard material. I got mine here:
http://www.killerdana.com/killerdana/
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide