St John accomodations

Travel discussion for St. John
Atlanta CRNA

St John accomodations

Post by Atlanta CRNA »

Hi,

I am planning a wedding for March, 2008. We are inviting a few of our friends and family. As March is high season, I was wondering about budget accomodations in Cruz Bay area. More specifically, does anyone know anything about Tamarind Inn, Coconut Coast, or Cruz Views condos. I know they are more basic than luxurious, but are the clean and comfortable? Does anyone have any suggestions.

Also, Does anyone have any information about the villa Cielladonna in the Chocolate Hole Harbor area?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Haven't stayed at Cielladonna but have stayed at Cygnus just up the road nice area.
Last edited by waterguy on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mia

Post by mia »

I have read good reviews for Palm Terrace.

http://acharminghideaway.com/palmterrace.html

They offer 2,3,&4 bedroom condos.
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I just returned from Cruz Views and we loved our unit, but the construction at Serenusa (sp?) was pretty annoying after a few days. They start early and work all weekend.

March is my favorite month on STJ...not much rain, not too hot, and wonderful water. Have a great wedding and honeymoon!!!!
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

you might want to try www.gardenbythesea.com

perhaps you can rent all three rooms?! plus, the breakfast is great and the hosts are very nice and helpful.

it's fairly close to town (walking distance via the coastal road and trail right behind coconutcoaststudios) and right by frank bay (which is great for sunsets.
Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

Well, First of all CONGRATS! :D I guess the ? here is how many people, what is your budget and most of all can you be flexible and wait until 4/15 when the rates go down? You can get a much better deal for just a few weeks wait. :roll:
My Avatar is my Corona moment......
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

I put my maid of honor and bridesmaid at the Inn at Tamarind Court for my wedding this past June, and they enjoyed it. You're right about it being more basic than luxurious, but from what I could tell, it was clean and they felt safe and comfortable. They really enjoyed hanging out at the bar while waiting for me to pick them up to go to the beach, or whatever we were getting ourselves into that day.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Caution on Chocolate Hole-- there's construction going on over there with the Pond Bay development. Just make sure you're willing to live with that.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Atlanta CRNA

Post by Atlanta CRNA »

Thank you all so much for your help!!! I will look into Garden By the Sea and some of the other places that were mentioned. Bummer about the construction in Chocolate Hole harbor. I was told by one the property management companies that there was a cleared area (that had been cleared for a while), but that there was no actual construction. They said they couldn't be sure that there wouldn't be any construction in March, but that they doubted it. What are they constructing? Private residences or is there a resort or something else going up?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for welcome cocktails, ceremony music, a reception site, a place to get a really good cake? We will have ~10-15 people attending and we want it to be really nice, but laid back and casual. We are planning to get married on Trunk Bay at sunset. Are the bugs bad in March?

Also, can someone suggest a company for a sunset cruise or day sail to the BVIs?
Atlanta CRNA

Post by Atlanta CRNA »

Gromit wrote:Caution on Chocolate Hole-- there's construction going on over there with the Pond Bay development. Just make sure you're willing to live with that.

sorry just realized you said it was the Pond Bay development. What is that? Is it a resort? Is there a lot of constuction?
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

have you thought about rhumb lines or zozo's for either welcome cocktails or the reception?

i think either would be perfect, and i've heard both do parties.

http://www.rhumblinesstjohn.com/menu-dinner.html

http://www.zozos.net/menu.shtml

You are so lucky! I totally wish I could've married on STJ!
stjohnmay2003

Post by stjohnmay2003 »

Good choice of location for your wedding. I also got married at Trunk Bay, but we had our ceremony at 9am.

Last year we spent 2 night at the Inn at Tamarind Court. It was fine, nothing extravagant but clean and close to down and inexpensive.
Married- Trunk Bay May 3, 2003
Beesmom

Post by Beesmom »

Atlanta CRNA wrote: sorry just realized you said it was the Pond Bay development. What is that? Is it a resort? Is there a lot of constuction?
Congrats on your wedding, and your fine choice for a place to get married! Here's a link to what the Pond Bay Development will be:

http://www.holidayhomesvi.com/pond_bay_club.php

But right now from what I've heard there's just a bunch of clearing: http://www.on-stjohn.com/2007/08/09/pond-bay-pic/

-Sandy
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

For a really good cake, definitely go to Baked in the Sun. They make delicious cakes to order!
RickG

Post by RickG »

We always hit Tamarind Court for a reasonable motel style room with air conditioning. It's clean and convenient to Cruz Bay.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI