Best catamaran/sailing trip

Travel discussion for St. John
snorkelqueen

Best catamaran/sailing trip

Post by snorkelqueen »

Would love to know what people on the forum think is the best catamaran and or sailing trip available out of St. John. We would love to spend a day out on the water but have done powerboats several times and would like something different.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I hear Scubadu is a wonderful Cat :)

http://www.sailvi.com/

Pia
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

We had a great time with Rusty on Trisel II. A very fast sail trimaran. He took just me and hubby for an afternoon sail and charged us just the usual per person rate, not a whole boat rate. I don't think he could carry more than 6-8 passangers. Not much in the way of amenities, he supplies beer and soada and some cheese and crackers, but the boat can fly. If you lke to sail (we do), i reccomend it. The price was right
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Yes I would go with the Scubadu. Have been using him for the past few years. Its a great time and well worth it!! 8)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We chartered Scubadu in 2005. Beautiful boat that is very roomy. There were 4 of us and it felt like we had our own, personal yacht. Unfortunately, we didn't have wind that day and had to motor but that was no one's fault.
psufan

catamaran

Post by psufan »

I have to agree about Scubadu. We sailed with Joe in June. We had a party of five and felt very comfortable on board. Had a wonderful day and it certainly was the highlight of our vacation
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

How many people does Scubadu take, for a daysail? We are interested in doing a Cat this time as opposed to a sailboat. Have a party of 4 or 5 and would not mind others, but just the 4/5 of us would be wonderful.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Maximum 6 people :)

Pia
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

6 people, sweet!

One more question if I can....Where do they sail from? We are staying on STT.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Back in 2005, Scubadu is based in St. Thomas so that would work out well for you.

He picked us up at the St. John National Park Dock, where the boat was rammed by one of the car ferries. Not a great start to the day but things turned around once we were underway.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Our party of five consisted of 3 adults and 2 older teenage kids. We had plenty of room. I think it depends on what you consider crowded. If you talk to the captain (he does answer email questions) he will probably give you an idea of how many he considers comfortable.