4th of July Fireworks STT?

Travel discussion for St. John
Chickadee

4th of July Fireworks STT?

Post by Chickadee »

We arrive at 6:30 on the 4th of July and will be spending the night at the Green Iguana (near Blackbeard's) before heading over to STJ on the 5th. Does anyone know if there will be fireworks on STT on the 4th? Where?

Thanks.
Jennifer

bert

Post by bert »

Fireworks at dark (around 9:00) in town. You can watch them from the waterfront, from the Lumberyard, or another great spot is Asolare Hill.

peace.... bert
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I think that Bert is referring to the fireworks on STJ not STT.
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

Yes, the Carnival celebration on STJ is the very reason we couldn't find a 1 night accomodation and are having to stay on STT. I'd still like to see some fireworks on the 4th though if STT is doing any.
Jennifer

LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Chickadee - I think someone mentioned on another thread that you can see the STJ fireworks from STT. We were planning to head to Red Hook to see if we can. I'd rather not fight the madness over to STJ.

Can anyone verify this is true and a good spot in STT to watch?
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

LLBL, our rental agent told us you could see them from Red Hook, so I'm sure that's true. As for a place to watch them... I'm not real sure about that, but I'll bet even a cabbie could give you a recommendation day-of.
Jennifer

LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

My plan is to sit at Sopchoppy's (or Island Time Pub now) which is open air (2nd floor) overlooking the American Yacht Harbor. Maybe I'll see you there?! We're family of four with a 9 year old girl and 10 year old boy. I'm blonde, hubby has dark hair.
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

LLBL, we probably won't make the trek from Charlotte Amalie to Red Hook for fireworks since we'll just be coming off a long travel day from Chicago. IF we do go, however, I'll look for you guys.
Jennifer

RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

LLBL, I am not sure you will see them from there. The overlook over at Sapphire will be a better bet!
RL 8)
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

So, Ron, does that mean there are no fireworks in CA that you know of?
Jennifer

RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

None at all. We have fireworks during our carnival. There are times if there is an incentive group here for the weekend, they may have their own, but none communitywise. I went out to Red Hook. You should be able to see it from the Red Hook dock, still not sure about AYH. The lookout and the beach at Sapphire would be better.
RL 8)