Women - do you bring your engagement ring to STJ?

Travel discussion for St. John
alw1977

Women - do you bring your engagement ring to STJ?

Post by alw1977 »

Or do you leave it at home?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I did last year, it was our honeymoon. But this year leaving it home, just going with the plain band this time.
nancyr84

Trying again October in St John

Post by nancyr84 »

Whats the weather like in October. Is it a pretty safe time to travel?
Nancy
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Hey Nancy... I gave you my thoughts on Oct. in your post the other day. These were my experiences:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... php?t=3155
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Not a woman, but Marcia always leaves the bling at home. Why tempt fate?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

I ALWAYS leave mine at home, I don't want to wear it in the water so why bother. It's one less thing to worry about.

Jan (akaCharlie)
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I left mine at home. I bought a lovely cubic zirconia to wear when I wasn't in the water.
caribechris

Post by caribechris »

I always leave mine at home!
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

Great question! The last two times, I leave all my rings, necklace, everything at home. For one reason you really don't want to wear anything that shines in the water. Barracudas will be attracted to it and I'm always afraid of Villa break ins, even though its rare it does happen.
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

A big hell yes! I only have one ring and is my engangement/wedding ring. I love it and never take it off.

I have to disagree with the posters that are worried about getting it stolen on island vs leaving it at home while you are not there. The most important thing is making sure you get it appraised and insured to value. Your possessions can be insured no matter where you go in the world. Taking it from someone's likely unoccupied crib is burglery, taking it off someone's hand by force is robbery. Much worse punishment for the criminal if caught. I don't leave mine in the villa ever. Someone would have to pry it off my cold, dead hand! (All right maybe not but I would seek revenge):evil:

I have also read about the lack of evidence of Barracuda's going after people that wear shiny things.
When will I see St John again?
brenda

Post by brenda »

While I wouldn't put it in the "major bling" category, I have always worn my wedding set to the Caribbean. (It is insured). I'm a little surprised that many of you don't. That said, I wear very little other jewelery, maybe an inexpensive bracelet or ankle bracelet.
Going "home" again October 26th!
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

I used to work on a dive boat in Ft. Lauderdale while in college. We always told people not to wear shinny objects in the water. I could be wrong but why take the chance. That's why fishing luers(sp)work to catch fish.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I wear my engagement ring and wedding band everywhere - I never even considered leaving it home.

janet
janet
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I've done both. When we stay in places without a safe, I leave it at home; if there is a safe, I bring it. I don't wear it to the beach, and don't like to leave it unsecured while we aren't there (even though it is insured).
JT

Post by JT »

Betty wears hers. That's about the only jewelry that she wears, other then earrings.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.