I guess Sirenusa got their way!

Travel discussion for St. John
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Well, if it well belly up, no sweat. It has happened before and will happen again. Someone else will come by and finish the project. Thay violated the law and that's the bottom line. These things have to stop!
RL 8)
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

RonUSVI wrote:Well, if it well belly up, no sweat. It has happened before and will happen again. Someone else will come by and finish the project. Thay violated the law and that's the bottom line. These things have to stop!
Ron,
I totally agree, I just think that an unfinished project looks worse then completing it with 3 stories not 4 and with the original amount of buildings.
I have a friend who lives right next to the project and even before they started building, she would talk about the noise, the run off and such.
What I do not know it why the grassroots that STJ does is not helping....
Gov Dejongh seems the right man for the job but he can only do so much and the senate can veto him.
I remember when Craig was our senator at large, he would mention frustration and I know in ALL politcs that you scratch my back, I scratch yours exist.
I understand so many people purchase homes on STJ to rent out as rental properties and they make a fair amount of $$$.
The overdevelopment of STJ has got to stop. I have no idea if STT and STX have this much problem.
bj

Post by bj »

Walking away was just an idle scare ploy on behalf of the developer. If the developer did walk away from a legitimate bank loan and went bankrupt, someone would buy the project from the bank at a reduced cost and complete Sirenusa. They spent millions on the development and they wanted the people of St. John to believe they are going to just walk away. It has been called Environmental Racism where developers disregard the community of whom they consider ignorant locals. Thanks to a few local politicians lining their own pockets, these developers do not have to abide by strict zone regulations.

St. John is in a slow real estate market and there are many condo developments comming on the market. I wonder how soon will anyone buy Sirenusa? The taxes, and running expenses will continue. The impact it will have on the infrastructure is something I cannot even imagine.

I think the only good thing that has come out of this mess is that the noise from the construction site will be over.
Peace,
bj
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

So true BJ. so true........
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

When I was on STJ a couple of weeks ago I could see that big scar called Sirenusa up on the hill and hear the pounding, pounding of pilings being driven into the ground. It seemed so "un-St. John-like", but in the end, the condos will all be sold and life will go on. I just hope they have plans to landscape it real good with lots of tall trees!!!.
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

It almost looks at bad as that monstrosity (no pun intended) that the monster.com ceo put up in Peter Bay.