STJ June 16th - 25th

Travel discussion for St. John
JJShaw

STJ June 16th - 25th

Post by JJShaw »

Hi,
We will be in Stj these dates. Will anyone else be there during this time?..Also if we were to rent a Dingy for day which beaches would be the best to visit?
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

JJ - My family will be there the 23rd - 30th. My husband wants to do the dinghy rental too, but being first timers we have no idea where to go. We will probably get a chart from the rental place and hopefully find some great spots. Im just hoping we can find our way back...if it were up to me, we'd be lost for sure!
augie

Post by augie »

Follow the sun - head east along the north shore in the morning, then follow it west back to Cruz Bay in the afternoon!
Come see us!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

huh? LOL
Im following hubby...if he gets it wrong its not my fault. BTW there are 5 of us in the group. How may adults per dinghy?
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

For five adults you're gonna' need 2 dinghys. We've done it before with 3 and that's good. Four would be crowded but doable under calm conditions. Not good under rough conditions.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks Diana, I always get the best info here.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Wheres the best place to get a Dingy that are reasonably priced and maintained on STJ ?
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

We have rented from Noah's Little Arks but are going with Calypso this year since they are nicer boats with larger engines and will save you so much time on the water and give you more relaxation time on the beach.

http://calypsovi.com/dinghy.html
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

We are planning to use Noah's Little Arks.
Bug

Post by Bug »

I have used both. Noah's are smaller and you sit on the dingy (no seats). Most of the handles have been ripped off so getting back into the dingy is not easy. This is fine for two or three but not really any more peeps than that. With all that said, they still are great little dingy's and get you where you want to go. We rented this year from Calypso. They have dingys that have seats in them and a steering wheel. This is GREAT!! Much more comfortable but also more $$$. Like they say, you get what you pay for :wink:

Either way, I STRONGLY suggest a dingy day. It's always our favorite day by far. Just remember to bring the suncreen cuz you will fry out there!

XOXO
Bug
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Does anyone know what the going rate might be at Noahs for a full day rental ?
[/url]
Captain Scott

Post by Captain Scott »

Kate and I will be on Island from June 13 - 23. We're staying at Sea Stone Vila in Chocolate Hole. It's been a couple of years since we've been on St. John and I can't wait to get back. We were in St. Martin last year and Tortola the year before that. Both are nice but nothing replaces St. John.

Cap'n Scott
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Captn Scott,
We were in St Martin last yr as well...and was also at St john....but only for the day...we were on a cruise...this will be our 1st time to actually stay on the island for longer than a few hrs...lol.. We are Staying near Frank bay. We have a day sailing booked with Capt Clark on the White Wing also. Perhaps we will bump into each other while there...:)
[/url]
jadkins08

Post by jadkins08 »

My wife and I will be on St. John June 13-17 for our 4th anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful, safe trip. God bless.

Jeremy