Foxy's Taboo and the Bubbly Pool :) on Jost.

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaC

Foxy's Taboo and the Bubbly Pool :) on Jost.

Post by DonnaC »

Just returned from a few days on STJ and also wanted to mention two new stops on Jost we enjoyed for the first time this year..The Bubbly Pool ..a 10 minute walk from Foxy's TABOO. Soo nice and what fun. You sit in this pool of caribbean water or is it the ocean?? comes bubbling through like a waterfall..they day we were there it was very relaxing and refreshing..If you enjoy the Baths you will like this place. Foxy's Taboo is in my opinion much better and nicer than the "original" ..food was really good and the "blue taboo" cocktail tasty. Fills up around 12:15.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

I can also recommend Foxys Taboo. We had s great meal and drinks at their restaurant, on our day trip to Jost (from Virgin Gorda) a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately there was no idea for us to go to the Bubbly pool as the sea was calm and there would be no bubbles there.

But we enjoyed our time at the Taboo and the little gift shop on site.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Donna - How exactly do you get to the bubbly pool? We are going on a power boat trip w our kids, and I think they'd really enjoy this. As opposed to watching Mommy and Daddy getting rocked on painkillers :P
DonnaC

Post by DonnaC »

Both you and your kids will love it! I just tried to download some of my pictures but cannot figure out how..First of all, there is a great dock and plenty of room to tie up at the Taboo...Walking from the dock you will see a "road" to the right..take it until you get to the salt pond and you will see a path that leads though the mangrove and over a hill..it will drop you off at the Bubbly Pool. Anyone at Foxy's will be able to tell you how to get there if you forget. Takes 10 minutes..at the most..I did it in flip flops..I have been told conditions are best with a north wind, but we did not have one and still had a nice time..If you do a search online I am sure you will see the pictures.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Thanks Donna! I had seen pics already on-line, but just wasn't sure how to get there. It looks awesome! Glad to hear it's a fairly easy hike, esp for kids (mine are 9 and 10). We have been to Foxy's twice already, so looking forward to something new!
DonnaC

Post by DonnaC »

There is an awesome video on you tube..check it out!!do a search for bubbly pool jost