short but we hope sweet

Travel discussion for St. John
papabou

short but we hope sweet

Post by papabou »

though my wife ann and i have been on many trips to stj, my last 3 trips there have been guy trips with snorkel buddy and 60+ yr friend, mad mack. though ann complained about how hard it was to travel to and from stj, i had assumed i'd eventually get her back. if not, then at least she was always happy to see me venture off with mack, so who can complain.

unfortunately ann had to undergo major surgeries for lung and oral cancers in oct 14 and feb 15 and i had assumed her stj days were over and perhaps mine too. she is doing remarkedly well and 6 mth followups showed she is currently cancer free, what more could we ask for. many thanks to so many of you who offered your concerns, well wishes and prayers during some very dark days and nights.

after my efforts to get back to stj this summer failed, ann suggested i take our 47 and 45 yr old daugthers during 45 yo's october birthday vacation. she had accompanied us on our 1st stay on stj during her birthday vacation in 2004. conflicts shut out the older daughter but the door opened for her 2 daughters (our only grandchildren who went to stj with us in oct 2005) to join us. ann then agrees that she'd like to go back to be with daughter and grandaughters.

so plans have been made for the 5 of us to arrive stj on sat 10/17 for 5 nights at grande bay. i know many of you think gbay is a concrete monster out of place in cruz bay. you're right but it sure will be a convenient location for my group. it will be a short trip but i assure you it will be a very sweet trip back. hope to see some of my forum friends who are on the island during our stay.

we're back!

papabou
GraysonDave

Re: short but we hope sweet

Post by GraysonDave »

Great to hear!

cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

How wonderful! You will make so many memories. So glad you wife wants to go. Mack will be jealous ! Can't wait to read your report.
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

No matter how often you get there, no matter when you get there, it's always best when you're surrounded by the ones you love! Wishing you a wonderfully memorable time! And please don't forget a Trip Report...yours are always so entertaining! :lol:
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

papabou... I got goose bumps reading this... SOOOO EXCITED for you and your wife, Ann! Have a Fabulously Sweet Trip Back with your wife, daughter and 2 granddaughters!
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Great that your wife is doing better and that you all will make it back to STJ. I will say if I had taken 3 buddy trips to STJ I would be referring to her as my ex-wife! :D Anne deserves a medal for letting you take all those buddy trips.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

THIS makes me do the happy dance! Good family fun! Enjoy your moments! You will have a ball! And yes, I need this many explanation points!!!!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

papabou, I am so happy that you are going back and that Ann is coming with you! What a wonderful gift for your family. I hope you have a terrific trip. Please write a report and tell us about your adventures. :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

How wonderful! I'm so happy for all of you. You will have much to celebrate and enjoy on your trip. :D
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

I am so happy for you and Ann!! Grande Bay is a perfect location for all of you. We don't arrive until 11/1, wish we could have met up with you all. Kudos to Ann for a good recovery and getting back to da rock :)
kklay

Post by kklay »

It's wonderful that you get to return to St. John! Great news on Ann. I'm sure this will be a special trip. I hope someday that we will be on island at the same time. I travel with a special group of friends and I know we would all get along. We don't arrive until November 25th this year. The countdown is on for us!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Wow, good luck! I'm glad you're all getting back to make more St. John memories. Grande Bay is great and we enjoyed our stay there immensely.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

:D :D :D
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Papa, I am just so excited to hear the good news! Wishing only the best of timesfor you, Ann and the girls! Safe trip!
fbo44

Post by fbo44 »

Very, very happy for all of you. Enjoy!! :D