Trip Report Part 3: Soloman, Honeymoon, & Caneel

Travel discussion for St. John
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

The shark was probably about 3-3 1/2 ft. long. It was soooooo close to the shore, like in 2 ft. of water. So close I could see it from my beach chair. I ran over there & zoomed in for the shot, got in the water to get closer & he took up with a blink of an eye. Right after, I put on my snorkel gear to find him, with underwater camera in tow, but had no luck :evil:
Oh well, at least I saw a shark. That reminds me, I saw very beautiful fish, coral, a huge stingray(trip report in a few days) while snorkeling on my visit, but not once saw any turtles. :cry: I love swimming with turtles & last swam with one 2 yrs ago in Grand Cayman.

Thaty would have been funny if it was a tiger shark, that would've have put a real meaning to LSU Beach Tiger!!

Glad to see fellow tiger fans on the forum--greatest fans ever!!!!! I'm still waiting to plan a LSU Tailgate on St. John--let me know when yall are ready--Kellyanna, BasUR?
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

We'll be in STJ Oct. 26 but that is an off weekend for them. But, I feel certain we'll all be in Baton Rouge for the LSU/AR game on Nov. 23.

R.I.P. Mike V .:cry:
Last edited by kellyanna on Thu May 24, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
augie

Post by augie »

I love all you folks to death, and I'm glad that you support your team with such passion (that's what makes college football the great sport that it is!), and I've been able to keep quiet until now, but I have to say that some of us (OK, me!) happen to think our fans are pretty good, too!

Chomp Chomp!

National Champs Basketball 2006
National Champs Football 2006
National Champs Basketball 2007
Come see us!
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

kellyanna wrote:We'll be in STJ Oct. 26 but that is an off weekend for them. But, I feel certain we'll all be in Baton Rouge for the LSU/AR game on Nov. 23.

R.I.P. Mike V :cry:
Poor Mike. They were talking about getting a tiger family due to his new awesome large habitat, but they said that tigers kill each other, so it's good only to have one. I hope this new tiger can cope with being poked in his butt to make him roar before the game---ROAR LSU!!

I don't go to the games anymore, I always end up being the only girl. Husband's friends have no girlfriends or wives yet :lol: FUNNY!! I just go shopping & have a girls day, watch the games though.

HUbby has season tickets & all away game tickets. He's sooo excited to kick Saban's a** this year, now that's a game I want to go to!!
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Augie, at least it's an SEC team!

I actually went to OU. Didn't become a diehard Tigers fan until the 2004 Sugar Bowl. When we lost and I had on a Sooner Schooner foam hat (not good for your hairdo) and an OU shirt, the LSU fans were so nice to me. I removed the hat. It helped tremendously that I was with my LSU man.

Thanks for your patience with us!
mdxter

Post by mdxter »

kellyanna wrote:We'll be in STJ Oct. 26 but that is an off weekend for them. But, I feel certain we'll all be in Baton Rouge for the LSU/AR game on Nov. 23.

R.I.P. Mike IV .:cry:
Wasn't it Mike the IV?
Hey kellyanna,

Are you bringing your 17 month old on your trip in Oct07?

My CFO is an OU graduate and i periodically tease him about the championship games (against USC also).

Just got tickets to the LSU/AR game. Cannot wait for football season to start!!!!
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

mdxter,

we talked about bringing her for abot 1 min. I'm just not brave enough yet. I'd have to be so responsible. I very much admire parents who take their little ones. I talked to every parent with a little one while I was there (I was missing our daughter). They looked like they were having so much fun. I think we'll take her next year with my in-laws to help!

Your poor CFO! He probably doesn't have an LSU woman to convert him! (still a Sooners fan. Have only been to 1 game since I graduated in '91 compared to dozens + LSU games---and we live 10 hours away from Baton Rouge)
augie

Post by augie »

kellyanna,

It's great bringing your little ones, but only if care is taken to ensure that everyone involved can have fun.

I've seen cases where kids are brought into an environment that can't possibly be fun for them, and I've seen cases where the kids had a lot of fun, but it didn't end up being a vacation at all for the parents!

From your response it's clear you already understand this point (and fortunately most parents know this from our daily lives!), and that is, bringing the kids can make the trip a lot of fun, and the lasting memories are irreplaceable, but when they're with us we shouldn't expect it to be the same vacation for us that we'd have without them there.

Also, we have taken our boys (now 14 and almost 16) to a lot of places but we still try very hard to take at least one trip a year where it's just us. We know that our everyday lives are dominated by providing for, caring for, and generally looking out for our kids. We want to ensure that when they're gone from the nest we'll still have something else that connects US.

(Man, we sure know how to hijack a thread, eh?)
Come see us!
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

augie--

That's IT in a nutshell! Thank you
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Kellyanna - We've done both ... a week w/o our daughter when she was 1 (THANKS MOM) and a 10 nights with her when she was 3. 3 was a great age and I remember thinking how lucky we were that she was 3 (esp. when I saw our friends dealing with their 1 year old). Of course, I am not very smart and since we had to postpone the trip that would have taken place while my Max was on the inside now we'll be taking a 10 month old. It will be fine! Yes, that is me trying to convince myself :)

I think taking a grandparent along makes a HUGE difference. Just that extra set of adult hands makes it so much easier.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Flip Flop,
I was going to ask you about traveling with little ones. I had read your conversation with RickG and others on another thread---it's encouraging. It makes me smile to read that your little girl refers to "her St. John house". What wonderful memories you are creating! I was also very encouraged to see so many children in STJ. I mentioned to someone earlier, that when we do take Mary-Margaret, I'd definitely cut out the BVI pub crawl. :) We could still plan crazy photography posing sessions!

Thanks for your feedback!
cat

Post by cat »

We do one vacation with our daughter and one without. Our time alone is very important to a great relationship!
mdxter

Post by mdxter »

Gee...it was a simple question. i did not mean to infer anything as to why we should or should not bring our toddler.

Kellyann, cannot wait for your next trip report!!!!