Need a Jeep Rental-pre trip report-final!

Travel discussion for St. John
SusanNJ

Re: Need a Jeep Rental- new question

Post by SusanNJ »

I also would recommend Bougainvillea. We have been using them for the past 3 years and never had any issues. I also like the fact they don't put stickers all over the jeeps so they don't scream "yes I am a rental".... in fact I just booked a 4 door jeep wrangler for our return trip in October!
GratefulDad

Post by GratefulDad »

I really like the on line reservation system Conrad Sutton has. You will hear back within 24 hours. He also always gives great service. One time the battery died and he was there in fifteen minutes swapping it out. He is a bit of a ball buster sometimes, but as long as you are cool with him, he is fine. His wife and daughter are nice with me and always invite me to Sunday church service. Be respectful (Good morning Mr Sutton, yes Mr Sutton, ect) and he may even crack a smile. His world is different than ours Jim so a smile and some cordiality helps.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

We have booked with Courtesy Car Rentals for the first time this year. I am a bit nervous as I have not noticed anyone recommend them on this thread. I know they are sponsors of On-StJohn.com so I hoping that they are good. Best of luck Jim and your sweet Amy. I hope you find what you are looking for!
awardb

Post by awardb »

We have rented from Courtesy in the past, with no problems, and good service. Last couple of years we have used L&L Jeep Rental (www.bookajeep.com) and have also had exemplary service. I think they now own the parking lot next to Fatty Crab, and this is a great place to park at night in Cruz bay.
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

We've been renting from Courtesy for quite a few years - Great people to work with.

Pam
[/url]
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

GratefulDad wrote: His world is different than ours Jim so a smile and some cordiality helps.
Got it, GD.
That's why I use the sign-off of
Smiles-
MJ
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Another vote for Bouganvillea. We have used them the past 5 trips and will use them again this November. Great Service, clean vehicles and convenient parking when we are in Cruz Bay for dinner.
Image[/url]
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

we just got back from stj and rented from pipers jeeps. sat. to sat. or whatever doesn't seem to be an issue. we stayed about 2 weeks but got rid of the car early just to see what it be like to get around without one. everyone is in about the same price range. Enjoy your planning----we want to go back already!
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I have always used Conrad Sutton and have never had any problems with him. I love that I can park in his lot when I go into town for dinner.
mahojim

Re: Need a Jeep Rental-pre trip report; final

Post by mahojim »

Thanks for all of the suggestions, you all-knowing, and sun loving family!
We decided on St. John Car Rental, and have reserved our vehicle.
Whew!
Another step towards the vacation is secured.
It's been so long since the last visit, that I pretty much forgot how to do it.
Sorry to bother you...
It came so easy when I went down twice a year, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove. The landscape may have changed a little, but I think it'll be okay.
I hope some of you folks run into My Sweet Amy & I while we're down there. We're probably gonna' lay low-ish and eat up the serenity that we have so desperately needed.
We miss that place so bad.
I'm thinkin' I'm gonna' cry with almost every leg of the trip, there and back.
Yep, I'm that deep.
As deep as the shin-high wonder of Maho Bay.
Then my belly button.
Then my nipples. Yeah, I said it...
Then the old head plop,- and look at how happy the squeeze is when she does her own dunk. I've never seen a happier smile, and to top it- she's more gorgeous so simply. I love her, dude. You women are magic.
Drag her around while she lays on top of the warm water, smiling and laughing.
Been too long.
The only thing I miss more than me personally being there, is the wonder, subtle excitement, and ease that she recognizes and embraces.
Like I said, getting there will be a trip in itself, and we're excited beyond our means. But being there will be such sweet warm pudding.
That's right- Pudding. Maybe mango, or vanilla, or pineapple...
I said it before,- I'm gonna' feel like Morgan Freeman at the end of "Shawshank Redemption".
Thanks again for the suggestions.
Smiles-
MJ
mindehankins

Re: Need a Jeep Rental-pre trip report-final!

Post by mindehankins »

Awww, that's beautiful, Jim! It's even sweeter, when you've had to wait awhile!
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

We are also using the same rental agency. Since we'll be there at the same time I would love to meet you two. We're staying at Grande Bay so we'll be in town every night.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Thanks awardb and onthelake! That makes me feel better!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Aww Jim, very romantic. Amy is one lucky lady. Always love your posts. So happy you are getting back to your favorite place. We are in a similar position having waited too long to get back so I fully understand. 43 days!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Yeah, a little sappy for some, but I love her, man. Keep in touch, Dave, PM me when it's closer. Not too long til we're limin' the days away.
Smiles -
MJ