Snorkel gear

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Snorkel gear

Post by mahojim »

Well, been 4 years since we broke out our snorkel gear...
So-
I got the Speedo water shoes for my Sweetheart,- will they fit in open heeled fins?
Should I buy her the proper fins to bring down, or just rent something down there?
We usually bring our own...
Any thoughts appreciated.
Smiles-
MJ
cocosmom

Re: Snorkel gear

Post by cocosmom »

Sorry Jim, no answer but it has been even longer for us and I haven't even looked at our gear. Guess I better get it out, think we are there just before you!
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I would think water shoes inside fins might be too much. I wear scuba socks in my fins and it's perfect. They're cheap and comfortable :-)
TheBeatyBunch

Post by TheBeatyBunch »

I agree with Michigan Girls, water shoes would be too much. I love my scuba socks! I believe I purchased them from Low Key Watersports on St. John. I won't snorkel without them.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Jim,

I wear water shoes inside my dive fins that are open in the back. The dive boots were too big and I looked like a dork walking around...But damn those dive fins are big. We only snorkel now and invested in a couple pair of those travel fins and Lil Cheese said she was able to keep up with turtles just fine last year.

Enjoy the Journey

Dave
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

We love the short travel fins too. Easy to carry and plenty to get us around swimming with the turtles.