3 nights in Coral Bay ...?

Travel discussion for St. John
Jersey Shore

3 nights in Coral Bay ...?

Post by Jersey Shore »

Hi there, I was hoping there might be suggestions for a 3 night stay in Coral Bay in June. Our friends need a 1 bed king (pref air in bed and a pool) for the end of their vacation. They have been running into issues of required minimum stays. Does anyone know of a place that would allow a 3 night stay in June?
Many thanks!
iheartsj

Re: 3 nights in Coral Bay ...?

Post by iheartsj »

When looking for Coral Bay area rentals on VRBO, be sure to look at Bordeaux Mountain, Mamey Peak and Ajax Peak as all these are in the Coral Bay Quarter.
You may have better luck without the AC and pool requirement. If you stay up on the Mountains you have no need for AC.

Also, you might offer to pay extra per day for a shorter stay. Some owners are open to negotiation particularly as the date gets closer.
Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Thank you for that iheartsj - never thought about that option of paying extra per day. Thanks for the tip!
And yes, will check out the other areas too:)
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

If there is a four night minimum, you might offer to pay for four and stay three (33% increase). You might also offer to pay a cleaning fee. The extra cleaning is frequently why there is a minimum stay.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Great ideas. Thank you Jim
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Satinwood in Upper Carolina has a pool - and unless they've changed them since we were there in 2013, sleep number adjustable beds. They do not have AC, but high up on the mountain like that we never missed it. Cimmaron has it listed here: http://www.cimmaronstjohn.com/vacation- ... taID=39710
And although it lists 7 nights minimum, it also has this statement: "**A cleaning fee of $150 to $250 may be required for approved stays of less than the posted minimum nights stay requirement."
Jersey Shore

Post by Jersey Shore »

Thank you for that Michigan girls - i will pass it on, It is a lovely villa - but I know they do enjoy their ac in the bedroom.

Harbor Lights is available for 4 nights - it has the ac and pool, just have to take a hit on an extra night I think. So they are following up on that one too right now.

Thanks to all!