A "Life on a rock"… 7 Raspberry lemonade rant...

Travel discussion for St. John
bdkane

A "Life on a rock"… 7 Raspberry lemonade rant...

Post by bdkane »

I have got to say after a year or so of owning this album (went to the iheart radio listening party with KC in the house :D )… I ve got to say I love it! may be my favorite KC album! At first I was like - Eh , its ok but now - I GET IT! This is nothing about country (nothing against country) - this is ALL about STJ, this is ALL about the islands mon! Trying to explain to my 14 year old how cool it is that a wealthy celeb like KC even notices a "Lindy" , "the salt of this earth"… so friggin cool. Thanks KC!

and Thank you for listening…
Nancie-Pa

Re: A "Life on a rock"… 7 Raspberry lemonade rant...

Post by Nancie-Pa »

bdkane, if you like "Life On A Rock", you'll love "Be As You Are". It came out in 2004, I think, and a lot of the songs mention places we all know and love. You might have to special order it since most stores don't carry it anymore, but it is definitely worth the effort. I listen to it almost every day! Give it a try...you'll be glad you did. :D
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Thanks, I will check it out, I have heard the hits - but will take some time to "really" listen to all those other songs… theres a lot of meaning in there, WOW- I must be maturing :wink:
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I have played Be as You Are CD so many times, I have had to replace it......I have the same feeling for Life on a Rock!!! :D
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Be as You are has been my escape to STJ for a long time but Life on a Rock is right up there now. Love them and how they take me away. Thanks KC!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

"Be as you are" is my all time favorite but "Life on a rock" is a close second, love both of them 8)
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I have also worn out a Be As You Are CD. I would float on a raft in my pool and pretend I was floating in the ocean. The Quiet Mon is the first bar we seeked out on our first visit to STJ. :) Good memories.