TGIF / TGIS Image of the Day!

Travel discussion for St. John
acaldaroni

TGIF / TGIS Image of the Day!

Post by acaldaroni »

Hello St. John and Virgin Island (as a whole) lovers!

What an incredible experience we had with Nikkiki and Mike at St. John. - If you've not seen her two posts documenting day one and two of our incredible vacation together, what are you waiting for? Check them out son!

Thank you all for your kind words on the images I was lucky enough to capture on this epic journey. I'll be posting more (as will Nikkiki) as the week goes on but Nikkiki suggested that I post a yet to be released TGIF image - though, it is just past the 12 am hour here in Chicago and I suppose it is officially Saturday. No matter - TGIS it is!

So - for your viewing pleasure, feast your eyes on the beautiful sunrise over the East end of St. John and the BVI, captured 4/19/14 at 6:07:14 am. This image was captured from the peak of Mt. Bordeaux and features so much drama that I can't help but be transported back - on site every time I look at it.

I love the view of the storm clouds pouring rain to the left of frame on Tortola. I also love the way in which the sun peaks through the clouds in the center right frame off in the distance casting a orange and magenta color on the horizon and allowing for one to barely make out the silhouette of Virgin Gorda.

What a magical experience and beautiful sunrise.

Anyway, enjoy. And, if you like my work, keep your eyes peeled on my site (http://www.antonycaldaroni.com) for more to come in the coming days. Also keep up with Nikkiki's posts as I'm sure many more will make an appearance as she continues with her log of events.

Thanks again all for your kind words regarding the images. It means a great deal! So long as you wish to continue to see them, I'll keep the images coming!
loverotties

Re: TGIF / TGIS Image of the Day!

Post by loverotties »

Wow that is beautiful !!!
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

Really nice image. Hey, I can see our house from here! (That's what we always say when standing where you were standing.)
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Magnificent!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

If I could imagine heaven, it would look something like this BEAUTIFUL pic :D
ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

Acaldaroni, Thank You for your amazing photos! You are a surprisingly refreshing addition to the forum! I am so enjoying your take on St. John and how you view the beauty of the island!!
toni

Post by toni »

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing; enjoyed the ones on your site too :)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Absolutely breathtaking! Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pics!