Snorkel gear rental

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Snorkel gear rental

Post by SuefromMA »

Hi,

We will be arriving on island on a Thursday at about 3:00 PM. Need to get our jeep, grab a few supplies from a grocery store, check into our villa and get to Miss Lucy's to see Inner Visions at 6:30.

My daughter "might" need to rent snorkel gear, if she does not decide to buy some before we go. We will be staying on Ajax Peak. So, we can either head to Cruz Bay or Coral Bay to get snorkel gear. Most likely we will do that first thing on Friday morning, as I don't think that we will be able to fit it in on arrival day.

Any suggestions for what outfit has the greatest selection and best product and maybe good service with someone who will be sure that the mask is a good fit for her?

Thanks,
Sue
Great Expectations

Re: Snorkel gear rental

Post by Great Expectations »

We have great success with Low Key Watersports http://www.divelowkey.com/snorkelrental.html. They have great staff and equipment. Have fun!
psufan

Post by psufan »

I am not familar with who rents snorkel gear in the Coral Bay area. When we have had people traveling with us sans equipment we have either rented from Low Key in Cruz Bay or at Cinnamon Bay. When we have rented from Cinnamon Bay we only needed fins so I don't know about the quality of their equipment. The fins were fine. We have had no serious issues with Low Key's equipment. Generally a good selection but that may depend on the season. We travel in the May/June timeframe. Last year our friends needed prescription masks and Low Key had them readily available. On a previous trip our son had a leaking mask but when we stopped back they gladly exchanged it.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

For snorkel gear, kayaks, etc. in Coral Bay, go to Crabby's located in front of the Coccoloba Shopping Center. You will see it on the way to Ms. Lucy's.

Crabby will take good care of you.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Great Expectations wrote:We have great success with Low Key Watersports http://www.divelowkey.com/snorkelrental.html. They have great staff and equipment. Have fun!
+1

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

One good thing about Low Key ... and something that some folks might overlook ...

If someone you know uses corrective lens/glasses, they have corrective masks for rent. They worked for my visually-challenged wife.

Pricier, but worth it!
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Low Key is the place...
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Agree with Low Key recommendation. We always stay at Gallows Point and originally rented there, but once we discovered Low Key, that is where we have rented for the past 3-4 years. They do a really good job finding the correct fit. Also, if you go onto their website and "register", you can get a 15% discount.

http://www.divelowkey.com/snorkelrental.html
Image[/url]
Bushwacker

Post by Bushwacker »

JohnM wrote:One good thing about Low Key ... and something that some folks might overlook ...

If someone you know uses corrective lens/glasses, they have corrective masks for rent. They worked for my visually-challenged wife.

Pricier, but worth it!
I think the masks are only around twice the price - well worth it.

I needed one, and rented from them this past Nov/Dec. Their staff was great, and it was awesome having a mask that had corrective lenses. Without my glasses on, colors just aren't as vibrant.
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

We have always been satisfied with our rentals from Crabby's in Coral Bay.