Working on arrival day schedule. Need info...

Travel discussion for St. John
ArkieLovesSTJ

Working on arrival day schedule. Need info...

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

Our flight is scheduled to land at 3:40. We will be renting a jeep on STT for the first time from Amalie.

1) Assuming I can follow Pia's previously posted directions without getting lost... :lol: I am thinking we would make either the 5:00 or 5:30 car barge. Does that sound right?

2) Does anyone know what St. John Ice's hours of operation are? We will be arriving on a Tuesday, and want to get water before heading to Coral Bay.

3) We are weighing our dinner options for the first night. We might either grab dinner in Cruz Bay or wait to eat in Coral Bay. One other options, I have thought about was getting take out at Candi's or the Inn at Tamarind Court. Does anyone know the normal Tuesday night menu for Tamarind?

Thanks in advance for the help!!! Three weeks, AND YES I AM COUNTING DOWN EVERY MINUTE... :D
samoka

Re: Working on arrival day schedule. Need info...

Post by samoka »

I don't know their business hours but you could always get gallons of water atLove City Mini Mart. Thrre prices are pretty good.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Love City Mini Market in Coral Bay is open til 10:30PM as is Lily's Market. I would get myself over to Coral Bay since you are arriving later! Get to your villa, breathe and head to Aqua Bistro for a relaxing dinner (and Lily's is right next door, one stop!!) Oh, and once on island...forget that word "schedule"!!!! Enjoy! :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

A week ago, I'd have planned to eat at or get take out from Candi's, but after going to Oasis for the first time a few days ago, I'd head right to Coral Bay, get water from Love City MiniMart, and pick up take out from Oasis. If you call them from Cruz Bay and give them a time, they'd have it ready for you when you get there. Prices, portions, friendly service, and GREAT food!
If someone in your party has facebook, you could check out their daily menu on your layover, to decide what to order.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Since you are staying in Coral Bay I agree with the other posters about getting dinner in the Coral Bay area. This would give you some daylight to find your villa. Both recommendations (Aqua Bistro or Oasis) sound great. I would probably wait to see how I or the others in your group felt to make the decision. If it were me I would unpack quickly then go to Aqua Bistro, find a few stools at the bar and have a couple drinks to really get on island time. Then I'd think about dinner!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I don't know how but I completely forgot about Coral Bay Caribbean Oasis!! That is a great suggestion!! The food is wonderful and so reasonably priced and great portions!! Check out their menu on Facebook, they post it daily!! Their specials are $9 each (they usually have 5 per day!) and sides are separate for $3. Inner Visions plays there sometimes too!! :D
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

Lazylane, we just found Caribbean Oasis on Facebook. We will definitely try it out this trip. We are staying above Aqua Bistro this trip, so I am sure that we will eat there as well. Last trip we became Skinny Legs fans after not being impressed our first couple of trips. Love staying in Coral Bay but we are going to miss being close to our happy hour appetizers favorites in Cruz Bay.
IA Joe

Post by IA Joe »

I checked out Caribbean Oasis on Facebook too. Looks like a place we will have to check out when we are on that end of the island. I see they had Onion Pie on the list of specials for last Thursday. Have any of you had that? It does not sound good, but it might be one of those things I would have to try just to see how it is.

Joe
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Make sure you check out Cafe Concordia too!! Another great Coral Bay option!