Virgin Islands This Week

Travel discussion for St. John
Anthony
Site Admin

Virgin Islands This Week

Post by Anthony »

Team us (me and my wife, who really gets a huge assist - she basically did most of it) just finished a total revamp of the St. Thomas St. John This Week magazine website:

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com

This is a quantum leap forward on the back end and front end. The site is HTML 5, totally responsive (so it looks great on your phone too), and has a lot of new content also. They have a budding video page http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/video/ and tons of other stuff going on. (Hopefully we will now move on to our own update and make our site as modern!).

I would really, REALLY, appreciate any and everyone checking it out - and in the best case scenario sharing it if you like it, and leaving some comments if possible (comments are enabled on most of the articles http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/articles/). Or maybe even signing up for their newsletter.

Yes, it is a bit St. Thomas (for example this really useful St. Thomas dining page http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st ... menus.html - which they do not yet have for St. John) centric, but there is content for both islands.

Thanks for your attention to this - I really appreciate it. They are both an important partner and client for us.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Re: Virgin Islands This Week

Post by Anthony »

No feedback for me? Anyone like it???
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Very NICE!!!! I Like I like.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I just perused the site and its very nice. Easy to navigate and find info. I especially like the Events and Entertainment Guide. In our past trips to STJ, it seemed challenging to find info on where to find live music. My hubby will really like the Skywatch section. I hope they will update it for May and June! On our last trip to STJ, we really enjoyed using Kevin's telescope at Coconuts and looking at the planets and stars. I like the feature to download coupons, although I notice its very limited for STJ.

Will this site really be updated on a weekly basis? I've bookmarked it, so I can check it again closer to our trip.
lprof

Post by lprof »

After a quick look, I really like the interactive menu guide! Compact to expansive. Hoping for St John's to be completed soon. :wink:

The magazine website works smoothly and is much easier to read. Nice for checking up on those details you forgot, or to find out the ships in harbor for the day. Good work Anthony and Ellen! 8)

Now I would appreciate it all even more if I were headed toward the islands. :(
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Nice Anthony! I wondered if the STT road map would print clearly if I enlarged it to fill the page horizontally. It did!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Very nice job! I found the site. Very easy to navigate and look forward to more information on St. John as you move forward. All signed up as a subscriber too!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
inuny

Post by inuny »

Very nice-full of information.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

very nice
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the comments and feedback!!!
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

Anthony
Nice job.
FYI
2014 St John restaurant list still shows ZoZo's in Gallows Point
[/url]