OUR list of Do's & Dont's for newbies and oldies alike..

Travel discussion for St. John
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Thanks Gizzmo. Love you new avatar :D
Paula

Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Sounds like great advice Pia. There is nothing worse than finding a nice comfy spot on the beach and having someone sit on top of you. This happened to us on Trunk last May and unfortunately when we returned home (to our villa) we had about $180 missing from our bags. Although I guess that is my own fault because I know better but was so relaxed at the end of our week I thought "Oh it will be fine" Oh well we were leaving the next day anyway and that person must have really needed it. We just came home with a few less souvenirs. Maybe they could post some of your helpful hints in a Welcome to St John flyer. Have a great day!
Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

Thanks EVERYBODY for your input. I WILL add ONE MORE THING to the DON'T list. 2 weeks ago we had just returned from St John and my 46 y/o brother with NO medical history had a heart attack. IF this had happened a week earlier he would have died in St John. MAKE SURE you are up to the trip or at least willing to pay the ultimate price for going.

That being said...... I WILL BE BACK! :wink:
My Avatar is my Corona moment......
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Gizzmo wrote:Thanks EVERYBODY for your input. I WILL add ONE MORE THING to the DON'T list. 2 weeks ago we had just returned from St John and my 46 y/o brother with NO medical history had a heart attack. IF this had happened a week earlier he would have died in St John. MAKE SURE you are up to the trip or at least willing to pay the ultimate price for going.

That being said...... I WILL BE BACK! :wink:
Oh my that's so awful to hear. I'm sorry to hear about that.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Gizmo!!! I am so sorry to hear about your brother! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

nothintolose
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

lol regarding plopping on the beach 2 feet from someone already there when there is tons of open space. My pet peeve too!
djmom

Post by djmom »

Pia,
We always move to the side for the locals. Totally understand--it is best for us and you!

But what we have always wondered is why everything off the road is relaxed and on "island time", but when it comes to driving the locals drive like a bat out of hell?

It is just funny to us--that is all--not meant as criticism. :lol: