Inn Paradise or Seascape villas

Travel discussion for St. John
shandrac

Inn Paradise or Seascape villas

Post by shandrac »

Anyone with info or opinions on these two villas?
54b

Re: Inn Paradise or Seascape villas

Post by 54b »

I hesitated to respond as it's been ten years since I stayed at Inn Paradise, but hopefully this helps...

We had a group of four couples who ended up booking Inn Paradise last minute and we really enjoyed it. It's a solid villa, smart layout, awesome views of Chocolate Hole and STT, and location on the well maintained Rock Ridge Road is really convenient to Cruz Bay (like a five minute drive). It sleeps 8, but it's also easy for them to just rent half the villa because the upstairs and downstairs are completely separate and accessible only by outside staircase.

The one amenity, or lack there of, that gives people pause on this villa is no A/C. I checked a few websites and it still looks like they don't have it, but you may want to call and verify if that's important to you. Located high up, you definitely get the breezes, but if you're going closer to summer, A/C, at least in the bedrooms, becomes necessary for many.

Never stayed at Seascape, but it looks to be a fairly comparable, though older, villa.

Again, hope that helps. Happy to answer any other specific questions about Inn Paradise and you're welcome to send me a personal message.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
shandrac

Post by shandrac »

Thanks 54b. We have stayed up on gift hill and also above Choc. Hole. Both had full a/c. Inn now has it in bedrooms only so thinking we will be okay. Really think I like the higher up views. With that said, would you go for it?
54b

Post by 54b »

If it has A/C in the bedrooms, I think you're set. You'll just open up all the bay doors leaving the screens closed to keep the Skeetos out in the upstairs common room/kitchen and be good to go.

For its location, view and size, the price is hard to beat, especially if you're going high season.

If you and your travel party are active vacationers, and by that I mean that you like to get out and do a lot of activities during the day (leave early, come back late), I say go for it.

If you plan on spending a lot of time during the days at the villa, succumbing to villa gravity, then I'd say you probably want to keep searching for a villa with a more intriguing pool and better overall ambience.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Betty

Post by Betty »

Heard someone is going to start building a house soon next to Inn Paradise. I would not want to rent right next door to a construction site. The Inn Paradise Pool is on the side of the construction. They had construction on the other side of the house for 3 years and never told guests. Shame on the owner and management company!
shandrac

Post by shandrac »

Betty--Thanks so much for that info!