Please help with short list of houses!

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

Please help with short list of houses!

Post by Backtotheislands »

Ok, there are some lovely places I would love to stay, but I need to stay in my budget! I have narrowed it down to 3 houses, I think!
1. Morgan Point - good sunset view from house and pool, I think. Private?? comfy beds??
2. Treasure Ridge- "
3. Sun, Moon, and Stars - I really would like a sunset view this time, BUT I have stayed here and loved it! The view and outdoor area, music speakers were awesome even without a sunset. It was very private, as well
Must haves: Comfortable BED is a MUST!!!! AC in at least bedroom. Private Pool, CLEAN!! I have champagne tastes, but a beer budget so . . . any input would be helpful!
Backtotheislands

Re: Please help with short list of houses!

I think I may have added Kia Ora back in the list, too. I think you could watch the sunset over St. Thomas.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I loved Treasure Ridge location and sunset view but unless they have replaced the beds and pillows since 2012, they are hard as a rock!!!! :shock:
Backtotheislands

Thanks Lazylane! Does anyone else know anything about these houses? If the beds aren't comfy then this place is out. I really did like that view. Oh well!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi BTTI,
I was looking at Morgan Point last year for this year's trip and came very close to picking it. My notes from reading villa reviews and other info/pics say: carport nice for rinsing and storing gear, overhead fans on deck, pool away from house, no view from pool, 5 minutes to Cruz Bay, whole house A/C, steep driveway, positive comments on the view and owner. I love the covered deck area with the dining table.

Did you see the review about Morgan Point in the villa section of VIOL (July 2011), and the posts about the villa on TA? Another nice source of info was the OSJ video (Sept 2008).

I decided against Kia Oro because we have two couples and only 1 BR has A/C.

Did you see Hale Lani? I loved this villa and tried to book it, but it was already booked for our weeks.

Happy trip planning!
Backtotheislands

Aquagirl, I have read the reviews and everything I could search for. For a nice pool villa and a sunset view this seems to be the best I've found in my price range. I was looking at Treasure Ridge because I loved the sunset, but someone said the beds were hard. Not good. Have also looked at Kia Ora and there doesn't seem to be much info on it. I will check out Hale Lani. Thanks!