Best bars for college boys?

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaM

Best bars for college boys?

Post by DonnaM »

I know the STJ bar scene is pretty low key which is exactly how I like it! But, we are bringing our 20yo son and 3 of his roommates down in January. He has been to Castaways before. Do they have music/dancing on multiple nights? If anyone can help me out with which nights/places are best for them to check out, that would be great! We will be there Thursday-Tuesday.
iowaguy

Re: Best bars for college boys?

Post by iowaguy »

We have been to St. John a number of times with college-age kids and they (and we) have had a great time at the various bars in Cruz Bay----Woody's, Castaways, Beach Bar, Motu, Quiet Mon. They are all close enough that you can walk between them to see what is hopping that night. You can check online for schedule of any bands playing that night. I generally check their FB page as well as the websites. Enjoy!
---Jim
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I know they will have fun anywhere. I should have mentioned that I was wondering if any night in particular was more of an event because we have a fishing trip planned for Saturday and I don't want them to be exhausted or hungover! I may be able to switch days if necessary.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I think they would have fun at Joe's Rum Hut happy hour. The crowd was young, in a good way, when we were there. Us middle-agers had a good time as well.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

They love X on ST John as well!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Where exactly is X on St. John?
54b

Post by 54b »

The best bar on STJ for four college boys is the bar where the four college girls are currently drinking (and hopefully not under the watchful eye of their Dad).

All joking aside, I'd have your son make friends with one of the 20-something year old ex-pats living on island and tending bar at one of the Warfside bars during the day and ask him or her where the party is that night.

Once in the Frat, always in the Frat.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

X on STJ is above the Beach Bar and Joe's Rum Hut upstairs. When will you be down in January? My friend (newbie) and I will be there the 20-27th :D
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Thanks! We have never been there. Was it something else previously? We will be there 1/9-14.
54b, I hope those dads are loaded for bear because I am bringing 3 OL and 1 QB. Very nice, respectful boys but very handsome! In 2011, my then 17yo son was propositioned at a Castaways foam party by a married couple for a 3 some!
He said no.
Timo

Post by Timo »

Donna, I would agree with all the mentioned bars. Good Luck vs ND. Go RU