Restaurants open on Thanksgiving

Travel discussion for St. John
brenda

Restaurants open on Thanksgiving

Post by brenda »

Since US Air messed with my flights, I am now arriving on Thanksgiving. We will be on the 5pm or 6pm ferry. I haven't arrived on Thanksgiving in a couple of years but remember the pickins being slimmer than I thought they would. High Tide was open, but I can't remember if they only had a turkey dinner or other offerings too. Any ideas? Looking for Cruz Bay as we are staying at Grande Bay.
Going "home" again October 26th!
Kevino

Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving

Post by Kevino »

My past experience on Thanksgiving dinner is very slim pickings in Cruz Bay. Lime Inn & High Tide had a turkey dinner on the menu but it wasn't special (IMO). It appears your flight arrives around 4:00 PM. Have you thought about having dinner on STT and then moving on to Red Hook ferry? You would have a much wider selection of restaurants serving Turkey dinner. Just an idea.
madelon

Post by madelon »

The Fish Trap Restaurant is a short walk from the dock and is open on Thanksgiving with a full menu and special Thanksgiving turkey dinner. 340-693-9994 http://www.thefishtrap.com
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks. It just might be The Fish Trap then. Kevino, we just want to get to St John earlier than later although that was a good idea. And, no, I don't hate STT, LOL! We are staying there our last night :) . Fish Trap will do. I looked at their website. We have eaten there once. It is a little surprising that the choices are so few and I don't want turkey. If anyone knows of any others, please post :) .
Going "home" again October 26th!