A little rant about an unpleasant woman at Battery Hill

Travel discussion for St. John
BOATSRUS

Re: A little rant about an unpleasant woman at Battery Hill

Post by BOATSRUS »

No worries!... The GGW's will be making a long awaited return cameo appearance (soon come) ..we're packin' light (this remains to be seen).. however, we got peeps to see and places to go.... so we ain't puttin' up with no stinkin' laundry ho'...

Hope we don't have to splain' the rules.. "bless her heart" :twisted: :roll:
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

You have every right to be irritated by the situation and every right to rant about it also. I am glad that Buddy made sure you got taken care of. The only thing I would have done differently if I was Buddy is to remove the pillows from the guest laundry and then removed the woman from the site so you didn't have to deal with her. I would have replaced her with someone who realizes that without tourism almost all of us would be without work. Everyone is entitled to a bad day now and then, but when you live here, and you are not independently wealthy, you better learn to suck it up and be nice or you are not going to get very far.

I also would not be upset if I was the other villa owner.... It probably cost about $5 to let you do a load of laundry (probably not even that much) and it could result in a booking or a referral and at the very least it would mean that the people who represent the villa would go the extra mile to make sure my guests were taken care of if there is a problem.

Hope you had a great time otherwise. I'll be thinking of your son on his deployment and hoping for a safe return. Just wanted to let you know that people who live and work here are on your side with this one. You are completely in the right and thank you for not placing blame on those who don't deserve it.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Hi Julie,

I agree with your comments except where you suggested that Buddy should have removed the woman from the guest area. In this kooky day and age and with this woman's obviously entitled demeanor he may have been putting himself at risk of accusations of assault or harassment. Buddy came up with a quick, clever and potentially profitable soultion for his villa client. By staying calm and cool he saved the day and karma for the unpleasant one will take care of itself by way of reviews.
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Is it bad that I like watching the Karma bus when it comes through? Beep Beep! :lol:
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

:) I didn't mean pick her up and take her out :) I meant call her direct supervisor and have her sent home for the day (or send her home myself if I was her supervisor).
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

stjohnjulie wrote::) I didn't mean pick her up and take her out :) I meant call her direct supervisor and have her sent home for the day (or send her home myself if I was her supervisor).
Oh, I was under the probably mistaken impression the pillow lady was an owner! If she was an employee servicing the units then it's not really fair to blame the unit owner who may not have known this was going on. My bad, jumping to conclusions!! :oops:
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

ski2play wrote:Is it bad that I like watching the Karma bus when it comes through? Beep Beep! :lol:
Vrrrrroooooooommmmm.......... :lol:
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Agent99 wrote: Oh, I was under the probably mistaken impression the pillow lady was an owner! If she was an employee servicing the units then it's not really fair to blame the unit owner who may not have known this was going on. My bad, jumping to conclusions!! :oops:
She was the owner unfortunately
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Too bad you didn't have a set of dark red towels or tee shirts. I would have loved to stick one in each pre-soak machine. (How's that bleach working for you now?) :twisted:
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

chicagoans wrote:Too bad you didn't have a set of dark red towels or tee shirts. I would have loved to stick one in each pre-soak machine. (How's that bleach working for you now?) :twisted:
That Karma Bus mentioned earlier travels in both directions.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Exit Zero wrote:
chicagoans wrote:Too bad you didn't have a set of dark red towels or tee shirts. I would have loved to stick one in each pre-soak machine. (How's that bleach working for you now?) :twisted:
That Karma Bus mentioned earlier travels in both directions.
My sons suggested the same thing - and I replied pretty much the same way.

I'm pretty much over it now. Cimmaron sent me an email this morning asking me to review the place on Flipkey. Trying to decide what I should write. Don't want to fault the unit, because it was beautiful, but I really think they need to do a better job of making sure people know it's a shared washer/dryer, and that it requires quarters. Maybe I'll wait a few days and see how I feel about it.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It helps me to know I'm not being unreasonable. I also wanted a chance to give a shout out to Poi Pu, as it is a beautiful home. I hope I didn't get Buddy from Cimmaron in trouble by posting the story here. It didn't even occur to me that might result from me telling the story :(
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

If I were queen I think I would ask the management company to alert the home owners's association and have that owner spoken to. It's hardly fair for one owner's bad behavior to reflect badly on the other owners and harm their ability to rent their units. Travel reviews are very powerful.

That said, if you write a review recounting the incident then you can explain that that owner is not allowed to usurp the guest machine and any guest would be within their rights to place the precious pillows in the pool.
Judge Judy signing out.
54b

Post by 54b »

Name suggestion for the title of your review:

"I was assaulted on Battery Hill with pillows"

Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your donkey.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

michigan girls wrote:
I'm pretty much over it now. Cimmaron sent me an email this morning asking me to review the place on Flipkey. Trying to decide what I should write. Don't want to fault the unit, because it was beautiful, but I really think they need to do a better job of making sure people know it's a shared washer/dryer, and that it requires quarters. Maybe I'll wait a few days and see how I feel about it.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It helps me to know I'm not being unreasonable. I also wanted a chance to give a shout out to Poi Pu, as it is a beautiful home. I hope I didn't get Buddy from Cimmaron in trouble by posting the story here. It didn't even occur to me that might result from me telling the story :(
The owner should make it very clear in any rental info that the W/D is shared and requires quarters and I don't think you are at all out of line mentioning it in your review. I would have found that to be a very unpleasant surprise.