Looked All Over the World, but

Travel discussion for St. John
TraumaQueen

Looked All Over the World, but

Post by TraumaQueen »

we've decided to come back to STJ next year. We took the boys (13, 15) on a cruise for our summer vacation this year to Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I've decided after 9 cruises for my son, 13, and me that I'm done with cruising for a while. I've looked into Costa Rica, Akumal, Tulum, Hawaii, Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Aruba, Grenada, DR, and more, but I can't get STJ out of my system. We will get to these places one day, but not next year. Kenny's songs and videos don't help either. HA! Now.....on to next summer.

We stayed 10 days last May and had a blast. We started out at Cruz Bay Boutique and ended at Astral Ridge. Both were awesome, but I want to switch it up a little next year. This is where I need your help. Due to work, I can come in May or after June 22. I'm leaning towards June/July since the kids will be out of school and can stay with their other parents since this will be an adult trip only 8) . And while I'm already looking at the last week of June, we might as well enjoy Carnival while we are there, right? We are planning on 10 days again, but can stretch it to 11 or 12. Here's where I need some help.

How difficult would it be to fly in on July 2 or 3 and stay at either Cruz Bay Boutique or a studio at Grand Bay until the 5th and then move to a villa? Will the ferry be reliable? I don't want to stay at a villa and have to worry about driving back or getting up and finding a parking spot for Jouvert. I know on the 4th things are not very reliable, but what about the days leading up to it? We will also rent a jeep when we head to the villa so will things be open on the 5th as usual? We had a good experience with Courtesy and will use them again.

Y'all helped us so much last year so when I started brainstorming I knew exactly where to come for help!
EagleRayLover

Re: Looked All Over the World, but

Post by EagleRayLover »

Staying at Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel sounds like a perfect idea pre-Carnival. I had friends who stayed at Grande Bay this year and then continued to their Coral Bay Home. You should have no problem getting thru town on the second!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
TraumaQueen

Re: Looked All Over the World, but

Post by TraumaQueen »

That's great to hear! Now the villa search begins. Am I the only one who has a love/hate relationship doing that?