Sailing charter question

Travel discussion for St. John
lovestj

Sailing charter question

Post by lovestj »

We have only been home two days and I am already trying to figure out my next trip. Does anyone have any suggestions on a sailing charter with a captain out of St. Thomas, Tortola or St. John. We are thinking of sailing for a week and then staying in St. John after. Any information or suggestions would be helpful thanks in advance.
PL3

Re: Sailing charter question

Post by PL3 »

The BVIs are charter central

Check here

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/ ... rd=charter

Look to the sponsors page, all are excellent
ABCDad

Re: Sailing charter question

Post by ABCDad »

We chartered a 50' catamaran in May from Voyage Charters (http://www.voyagecharters.com). They're out of Soper's Hole in Tortola. I have nothing to compare Voyage against since this was our first charter, but their boats were clean and well maintained, and their staff helpful and courteous.

I'm happy to help answer any questions you have. In short, this was our best vacation ever. It was my wife and I and three other couples. We hired a captain which was well worth the money, both for local knowledge and sailing knowledge. Over the course of a week, we saw quite a bit of the BVI (Jost, Norman, Peter, Salt, Cooper, Virgin Gorda, Anegada, Saba Rock, Marina Cay, Guana, etc.). The sailing was therapeutic. Anegada was special; imagine being in the VI 50 years ago, and that's what Anegada feels like today. We did the Baths early one morning and had the whole place to ourselves. Favorite restaurants include Potter's by the Sea, Foxy's Taboo, Cyber Cafe, Cooper Island and the Pusser's on Marina Cay.

Anyway, I can't wait to do this trip again, and my kids need to experience this at least once as well. I hope you get to do your charter. Let me know if I can be of help.