Connections

Travel discussion for St. John
Wanda Creech

Connections

Post by Wanda Creech »

I am taking my grown children and their spouses to St John in June. We always do carry on but they
are having trouble leaving liquids at home. Who can tell me about shipping boxes to connections?
How long will they keep it? How much does it cost for them to hold the package? What is their address? What is the best way to do this ? They still can't believe my husband and I go for 2 weeks with a carry-on each.
Thanks for your help.
Beach Creecher
MadCityMom

Re: Connections

Post by MadCityMom »

Look at Connections website for exact mailing directions. Call them before hand to let them know what to expect. We sent 2 flat large rate boxes USPS and Connections charged us $10 to hold them both. Not sure how long they will hold them for you. It worked out great for us. They were super helpful and nice.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Thanks. I found them on line. This will be much easier than taking luggage. I just have to talk them into
it.
Beach Creecher
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

We use Connections often and are shipping a box to them this Wednesday for our trip later this month. You need to call them in advance and tell them what you are shipping. They have locations in Cruz Bay and Coral Bay, just call the office that is on the side of the island you will be staying on. We normally ship about a week before we arrive.

Here is the key! Address the box exactly as shown on their website. Large, black, block letters. Absolutely no additional punctuation. This will allow the mail scanners to read the label when it passes through San Juan. If you don't label it this way it can be delayed. We've shipped this way numerous times and it has been a breeze.

The people at connections are always very pleasant to deal with. The most they have ever charged us is $20 and that was for 2 large boxes. If you are renting a villa many of the Companies will pick up the box in advance for a nominal fee and have your box at the villa when you arrive.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Sounds easy. I better get busy and call. It is getting close.
Thanks so much.
Beach Creecher
Dome526

Post by Dome526 »

After reading all the posts on the forum, we decided (I did) to do carry-on for our 15 day trip last November. It was the perfect decision! Next time, I will use Connections (be sure to get the correct address for each location)....OR, if we are staying at Cinnamon Bay Campground again, we can send the packages to CBC for a $5 holding fee. This is a slam dunk. It is the ONLY thing that we didn;t do on our trip that in hindsight, I wish we did!
Tom in CT
Pia

Post by Pia »

Keep in mind they close (I believe) at 1pm on Saturday so if you arrive on a Saturday after 1pm it will be Monday before you can pick up your box

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Thanks Pia that is important to know. We do arrive on Sat. but one of our sons will already be there
so I will just give him the job of picking it up. Problem solved.
Beach Creecher
sherban

Post by sherban »

Can someone tell me where connections coral bay is, I'd like to Map it...

Thanks!
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

sherban wrote:Can someone tell me where connections coral bay is, I'd like to Map it...

Thanks!
It's in the Skinny Legs "complex" :)