Converting from STT to STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
Lindy

Re: Converting from STT to STJ

Post by Lindy »

Hahahaha!!! Well, I was WONDERING why you'd stay in a one bedroom place with you Hubby and a best friend. Didn't pick up on that fact that they were one in the same. Anyway, Kia Ora is STILL cheaper even if it's just the two of you. Honestly, I will NEVER do the resort thing again if I have the option of a villa because it's just SO private and So relaxing. Nothing greater than showering after a day at the beach and putting on something loose and cool (even your jammies if you want) and enjoying a few adult beverages and marveling over the sunset as you enjoy a leasurely dinner on the deck!
Connie

Post by Connie »

Lindy, no, we don't go that way :lol: Sapphire isn't a resort. Privately owned condos.

I know we'll go with a villa on STJ. So much has been going on in our lives lately. We really need this.

Anyway, on another note, we call our Jammie's "fat pants". :roll:
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
sherban

Post by sherban »

I don't think the 1 BR places get alot of publicity, but I think there are some great values there...check out VRBO 1BR listings...
http://www.vrbo.com/116923?bedrooms=1#photos
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

sherban wrote: Personally. I would go with a private villa on top of a mountain with an awesome view, upper carolina, Ajax Peak, Catherineberg, Bordeaux, etc...that's just me.
I agree - I love Upper Carolina for the views, quiet and privacy. It's also a really easy drive to the north shore beaches, an OK drive into Cruz Bay and a quick drive into Coral Bay
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Connie, I really hope you are there when we are. :D :D We missed you a couple of years ago when a storm kept you from coming to the forum gathering. Would love to meet you. You know, what ever you choose, just get into that STJ frame of mind and chill. It is the best part!!!!! 8) Looks like there is a big group for the 16th of June!!! Hint, Hint :wink: !
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Connie we have stayed all over the island, Mountain, Coral Bay, but prefer to be a little closer to town. Just past the Westin is a nice little villa, Angelica, which would fit your budget, has a small pool and AC (very helpful in June or July). We travel with other couples and La Papaya on Rock Ridge Road was great. Two years ago we were at Ocean Palm past Coral Bay and it was beautiful but a little farther out than we like. Last year we stayed at Reefside Villa and it large and nice but too "scattered" for us. La Serenta de la Playa is very nice and it is "on a beach" with good snorkeling. In June we are trying Virgin Grand Estates for the first time and have chosen Vista Caribe. I'll let you know about that when we get back. Even though my wife & I have been to STJ many times by ourselves our best trips are when we go with our best friends and get to share all the memories over and over and over! :-)
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Connie--I think your original idea---Blue Bitch---is a good one. Haven't been there, but I know the location---gorgeous views. You might also check out String of Pearls as a 1BR (near the Westin). I also think that Grande Bay offers some advantages.
---Jim