The Best Sea Life

Travel discussion for St. John
caribechris

The Best Sea Life

Post by caribechris »

Hi everyone, fairly new to posting her but you guys just seem like such fun!

I was wondering what the votes are for the best sea life areas. My goal each time is to try to see something new. So far here is what I have seen, let me know what else to look for and where.

Maho - Turtles (green and hawksnest) and Spotted ray, other rays, eel, the usual array of fish (parrot, barracuda, siver, trunk (we call that the triangle fish), jacks...etc for the fish
Salt Pond - Turtles (mostly green) are always there along with the fish
Leinster Bay - Turtles and starfish, also saw an octopus there once, nurse sharks
Watelemon Cay- The first time we went there it was spectacular now we seem to see more people and less fish.
White Bay (JVD) - the only time I saw a lobster was here.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We saw a bunch of stuff at Francis including a huge turtle and a dolphin.

Also at Jumbie we saw baracuda. I only remember this because I thought my friend was going to become Jesus and walk on water!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Without question, the best sealife we saw was on our daysail with Capt. Phil when we snorkeled at Lovongo Cay. He got in the water with us and showed us all kinds of cool stuff. The water was extra clear there, but most of the other bays on St. John were kind of cloudy from all the rain we had that week. (it mostly rained at night and didn't wreck our days)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

flip-flop wrote: Also at Jumbie we saw baracuda. I only remember this because I thought my friend was going to become Jesus and walk on water!
Flip-flop - I saw this guy at Maho

b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I saw an enormous turtle at Francis and there was a small nurse shark on his back -- very cool. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Mora Eal at maho