BBQ places and Virgin Cocktails?

Travel discussion for St. John
mlr214

BBQ places and Virgin Cocktails?

Post by mlr214 »

Hi Everyone,

Two questions

Which is the best BBQ place in town to get BBQ. Want to pick some up and take to beach or to villa.

Can anyone recommend good virgin cocktails? I'm pregnant this time around so unfortunately no rum for me. Still want to have a fun drinks.

Thanks all.
islandbrenda

Re: BBQ places and Virgin Cocktails?

Post by islandbrenda »

Hi, I will first start by saying I am biased! The Barefoot Cowboy Lounge(which I am a part of) has the best BBQ & we can make up a full dinner for you and your friends/family for you to take to your villa. Our menu & other information is on barefootcowboylounge.com. And we would be happy to make you a virgin rum punch....we also have sno-cones! Anyway it really is great Bbq & prices!
Wherever you end up have a fantastic time & I hope you have a smooth pregancy! Brenda
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

I haven't been to the Barefoot Cowboy but my daughter and boyfriend loved it. Another good place is Joe's Barbecue- almost right across the street and Candis on the way to the Westin but walkable from town. There is a new barbecue place in Coral Bay- run by a former cook at Joe's. I don't know the name but I'm sure you can find out when you get there. People argue about which is best but they are all excellent.
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

I spent some time there in January. I didn't eat anything but it smelled absolutely delicious!
Jenn, News of St. John
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

Forgot to mention that my pregnant daughter had Virgin cocktails at High Tide and the Beach Bar.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We love Joes and it has become something of a tradition. We have not had anything else so can't compare. Many people love Candies. I've looked at the Barefoot Cowboy on line and it looks like you have a great restaurant Islandbrenda. Hopefully we can give it a try next week!
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Thank everyone.
Hoosier can you let me know how it is if you go next week. Enjoy your trip.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

You can get a virgin pina colada or painkiller just about anywhere. Lime n Coconuts are also very tasty without alcohol.

The strawberry shortcake at Lime Inn is really good made without alcohol.

And my old standby, even when I'm not pregnant, is the mango smoothie at the smoothie shack.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I like Candies BBQ best , Never had a virgin drink on the island so I'm no help there.
Tom
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

waterguy wrote:I like Candies BBQ best , Never had a virgin drink on the island so I'm no help there.
Have you ever had a virgin drink :shock:
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Yes when I'm on call so every forth week
Tom
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Shipwreck Landing makes a virgin mango drink with a raspberry puree swirl that is really tasty.

I have only tried the BBQ at Uncle Joes and Candies. Of the two I much prefer Candies.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Highly, highly recommend Candies. If you walk toward the Marketplace, passing the school on your right, you will see a turquoise building with pink trim on your left just before you reach the Marketplace. That's Candies. Very reasonable. If you like spicy, ask for the jerk sauce.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We have had both Joe's and Candi's and they are both good. We prefer Candi's though, both for taste and convenience. Must try Barefoot Cowboy next trip.

Any good bartender can make a good virgin drink. I've had plenty on our trips, sometimes I just don't want alcohol :shock: :shock: And yes, even a virgin Painkiller at the Soggy Dollar Bar :)