Dreamin' What is your dream!!

Travel discussion for St. John
caribechris

Dreamin' What is your dream!!

Post by caribechris »

Here is my dream -

What do you all think! When I retire, I would like to spend at least one month (hopefully three) on STJ each year. I do not want to live there because I want to keep it a special place to escape.

What are others dreams out there for the future and how STJ fits in.
Tina

Great dreamers think alike!

Post by Tina »

Same here. Spend a month or so on island when we retire. I know the husband would want to have a boat down there so we could go exploring and spend some time in Virgin Gorda too (he loves Saba Rock!)
If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul.
patr

Post by patr »

Easy one, winter & spring on St John, summer & fall in Alaska!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Bug

Post by Bug »

Six months where ever my Grandchildren are and six on STJ ~ with dreads!!!

XOXO
Bug
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Bug - you crack me up about the dreads...just do it now as you only live once :)

My dream would just be to go once a year for 10 days to two weeks...I would be happy with that...oh, and to be able to be beemed there so I wouldn't have to deal with flying or the travel time.

nothintolose
Bug

Post by Bug »

I would love to grow dreads but....my dreams and what the real world will allow are two different things. I am an accountant by trade so can you just imagine what the "older" professionals and clients would think if I walked into dinner at the county club with dreads???? I did have my eyebrow pierced and had to take it out ~ just not acceptable. My tatoos....all hidden stratigically :shock: The world is just not that tolerant :cry: Even my hubby thinks I'm a crazy person :wink:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

My dream is to just be able to keep going back after this November. Twice a year for 10 days each would be good for now. When I retire, much more of course. :)
RickG

Post by RickG »

bugblu98 wrote:I would love to grow dreads but....my dreams and what the real world will allow are two different things. I am an accountant by trade so can you just imagine what the "older" professionals and clients would think if I walked into dinner at the county club with dreads???? I did have my eyebrow pierced and had to take it out ~ just not acceptable. My tatoos....all hidden stratigically :shock: The world is just not that tolerant :cry: Even my hubby thinks I'm a crazy person :wink:
You could do Dreads in DC as an accountant!

By the way, I'm not waiting until I retire to spend time on STJ. With the perfect Cingular data and voice reception in Coral Bay I could do a work week on island. I'll make 3 weeks on island between November 2006 & November 2007.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Gotcha Bugs - the SO is a CPA, and I don't think I have seen any off his coworkers wearing dreads :lol:

Oh well, it's always nice to have a dream.

nothintolose
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

My dream is to not put off until ______________ anymore. The kids will just have to learn to roll with it ;)

I'd like 10 days a year on STJ. 10 days a year somewhere else (any continent will do, preferbaly warmer climes).

Otherwise ... life is good!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

My dream is to spend as much time on STJ as I can last year was 5 weeks this year it looks like only 2 But I'm going to the world Championships For 2 weeks so hope fully next year it will be more
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

waterguy wrote: so hope fully next year it will be more
That'll be my dream, too... each year, a little more. Sounds reasonable.
laurie

Post by laurie »

Our dream, 1-2mos exploring an island we have never been to, 2mos on STJ&BVI,,,the rest of the year on Nantucket. Bug---you just sent your baby to the prom,,Grandchildren!!??
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

This is a bit of a Jimmy Buffett/Lats and Atts/Peter Mulhemburg type of dream but I would like to start in Bermuda and sail all the way down the chain of islands, stopping along the way.

No schedules - just be able to visit and move on as we see fit.

I don't really want to live on a boat, just explore at a leisurely pace. We will also need a captain since neither hubs or I want to sail the boat. I guess I could manage the cooking while we were under sail :) When in port, we eat on-island.

Oh, and the boat would need to be really big so I don't feel cramped.

And no bad weather either, clear skies all the way. No scary perfect storm stuff for me.
njhdrider

My Dream

Post by njhdrider »

After almost thrity years of not being on STJ with one exception two years ago, I hope that when I get there with my family, my son and step daughter will have the times of their lives. The memories of this trip stay with them causing them to want to come back again and again. Just like me.
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]