Anyone stay at Gallows Point with 5 adults?

Travel discussion for St. John
lovest.john

Anyone stay at Gallows Point with 5 adults?

Post by lovest.john »

We are a family of 5 and we are considering staying at Gallows Point. Their website says 5 maximum per unit. Would we be crowded? Where does the 5th person sleep? The upper units look roomier but I'm concerned the loft bedroom may be too warm in August even with air. I see that they run specials. If a special becomes available would they apply it to an existing reservation?
Ed S

Re: Anyone stay at Gallows Point with 5 adults?

Post by Ed S »

Have only stayed there with my wife.... I would think it would feel crowded with 5 adults. To answer 2 questions - the upper loft isn't too hot - especially with the ceiling fan on above the bed and/or AC on. Also, when you make a reservation, you can request that if you notice an advertised special afterwards, and if you call, that you can get the lower rate. They note that in your reservation. Has worked for me the past 3 years/times we have stayed, and have been able to take advantage of either a 30% discount, or 2 of 8 nights free (equiv. of 25%). FYI, that has been during the fall shoulder season (Nov. or early Dec.)
Image[/url]
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi lovest.john,

If you find out for sure about discounts I would love to know. We want to stay there as well 4 nights in June...but our budget won't allow $395 a night. I also wondered about the loft being hot in June.

Sherry :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Even the upper units are technically one bedroom- the loft has a king and the other two beds are the pull out sofas in the living room so if privacy is an issue but you like that neighborhood then you might consider Lavender Hill across the street. They have 2 and 3 bedroom units.
sjdck

Post by sjdck »

My family of five has stayed in both upper and lower units. It honestly wasn't bad, the upper has an extra half bath which was nice. We really don't spend a lot of time inside except for sleeping. I should mention that our three kids were all over 18 and the boys are both well over six feet tall. The housekeeper would fold up the sofabeds during the day so everyone could sit in the living room to watch tv in the evening. There was a rollaway bed brought in that fit fine. I think it worked because it was family, and our kids were just glad to get to come along!