Sea Stone Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
Captain Scott

Sea Stone Villa

Post by Captain Scott »

We're heading back to St John in 30 days! We're renting Sea Stone Villa this time around. Has anyone stayed there ?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I believe there is a recent review of this villa. Check the review section.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Here is a review that is posted on this forum.
My husband has shown this property and it is beautiful, so much so it has recently sold (not still for sale as it states in the villa review below)
You will have a wonderful time

Pia

"Sea Stone villa is located in Chocolate Hole and is absolutely stunning! It sits at the end of a cliff overlooking two small island (don't know the names) with a slight view of St. Thomas. The area is very quiet.
This is a two bedroom villa with each room at opposite ends making for lots of privacy if traveling with another couple or children. Each room has two good size closets, desk, lots of drawer space, king size bed and good size bathroom with an outside shower. Fabulous architecture and ammenities. Sea Stone also has a lap pool and great outdoor furniture. We rented from Viva Vacations and would not hesitate to rent from them again. They were very pleasant to work with and made our stay perfect! Although this property is for sale, they are still renting out the villa and I would highly recommend it! We felt like we were staying at a 4 star hotel!"
Captain Scott

Sea Stone villa

Post by Captain Scott »

Pia:

Thanks for the info. We've rented Opar the last few times we've been to St. John and I see it is now off the market. The location for Sea Stone looks wonderful. Do you know if the new owners are going to continue renting the villa in the future ?
BPT

Post by BPT »

Scott - We stayed there in June 05 when it was brand new. It is a fabulous house and a perfect location. The outdoor showers have killer views. As I recall, the pictures are quite accurate. It's a beautiful villa. You will love love love it!

PS - Hope you like Big Iguanas! :)
Rob7

Post by Rob7 »

We were the 2nd people to stay in this house and everything said is true. There is however, one big negative....it has no privacy. The way the villa is situated means you are always in someones view.
We also rented Nautilus next door so it was not to bad.
Hope that does not bother you.

p.s. Yes, buy lots of bananas...the friendly
Iguanas will visit every day !
Captain Scott

Sea Stone

Post by Captain Scott »

Thanks for the feedback guys. We're getting really pumped up now that we're within a month of take off. Sure we'll love the house, but hate to hear there is little privacy.

We've been going to Tortola and St. Martin the last few years and it is our first trip back to St. John in 3 or 4 years. I'm really up for it as St. John is my favorite spot, Kathleen prefers the solitude we find on Tortola, but she always enjoys St. John.

I saw a post on Kiddle Bay earlier. Does anyone know where it is located. This is our 6th trip to St. John but I've never heard of Kiddle. Looking for new spots to snorkel and thought we'd give this one a shot.

We've never done Watermelon Cay either and that is definitely on the list for this trip.

Thanks,
Scott