next Craigslist stj opportunity

Travel discussion for St. John
Exit Zero

next Craigslist stj opportunity

Post by Exit Zero »

http://virgin.craigslist.org/bfd/3555066060.html
If you weren't interested in the boat,bar or barnyard -- How about a deli?
Capn Dan and Ruby

Re: next Craigslist stj opportunity

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Hope they don't sell before we get there this summer! I didn't like what happened to Deli Gratto when they sold!
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

Seems like this place has a good operation going. I thought it was pretty tasty. Anyone know the story why it's for sale?
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I've read that businesses are sometimes put up for sale just to see what they're "worth." I hope that's the case with Sam and Jacks. I really, really love everything about them except for their late opening time. If they sell, I hope the buyers keep things just the same - you can't argue with #1!
wonderlost

Post by wonderlost »

Sam and Jack's is for sale because Angie, a partner and manager of the deli, has a new baby and she has decided to spend more time with her. Rather then stress about the deli from home and hire another manager they want to sell. The deli is set up to take over easy, with simple recipes, employee manuals and branded marketing. So it might not change at all if transferred. Good deal for somebody. PM me if you want more details as I am the listing agent
Pia

Post by Pia »

Great food at Sam and Jacks - LOVE their tiramisu (had it yesterday :) ) and you can always PM me as well - might not be the listing agent but (as you know) am a Realtor :lol: :wink: :D

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

How hard is it to get financing for business loans in the VIs? Not that I am in the position to move, just curious if financing is typical or do people pay cash.
wonderlost

Post by wonderlost »

Financing is similar to the states, it can be a challenge to finance an unsecured loan depending on who you are and your relationship with the bank. Although we felt Sam and Jack's was valued higher, we chose to price it lower to account for that reality. That being said, with the right buyer and the right down payment some owner financing may be available.